4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2017 12:27 PM by irushian

BSOD Updating To 17.11.4 From 17.11.1

irushian

Hi there,

Since the release of Core 2.0 from Oculus their requirements went to up driver 17.11.4 and I'm currently on 17.11.1 (Just updated to that), however when I try and upgrade FROM 17.11.1 to 17.11.4 I end up with a blue screen of death with the message that atikmdag.sys was the reason. Each and every time I try and update it has the same outcome. I've tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling using the cleanup tool.

An entire day has almost gone by now and I've ran out of ideas, I've tried googling for hopeful steps that I can take but to no real avail. Other than reverting the Oculus software back so I can use my headset I would rather be able to update and enjoy the new features.

I hope one of you guys can help me.

Steve

Message was edited by: Matt B

• Re: BSoD when updating from 17.11.1 to 17.11.4
          dan_e_boy

I don't know anything about Oculus but I was having problems installing the latest driver for my system recently.  One tip I can offer is to go to AMD site and download all of the files and instructions you will need for the task, make sure that windows is fully updated, then disconnect from the internet before you follow the steps on the AMD site for performing a clean uninstall using DDU and reinstall of the latest drivers?  Hopefully that will work for you.  For me, I ended up having to do a windows reset to be able to get the latest drivers installed, which sucks because then you have to reinstall all of your apps and games.  I am now having other problems but at least I was finally able to install the latest drivers.  You could also try submitting a ticket to AMD, that is what finally led to my solution and I got a response within a day.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            kingfish
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              joseph123

Same problem,but it happens after   I  instaled those drivers...It actually opens two menus and one is frozen so I need to get rid of both and then click the AMD center again..they say  its the best to stick with the old drivers so 17.11.1 is the best option I think..all other in between are broke too..so wait until next update or stay on the old.

irushian

Unfortunately sticking to 17.11.1 isn't an option for me, as the new oculus home requires higher drivers.

Fortunately I have managed to solve the issue. I downloaded the driver instead of using auto detect and ran CCleaner on my system before attempting the install. This allowed the install to complete without bluescreening my system or turning my monitors off forcing a reboot.

Thanks guys and I hope this helps anyone else having this issue.