2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 12:15 AM by mrflash3

Tell gpu to send 21:9 aspect ratio

mrflash3

Hi all,

I really really need your help because my attempts in the last few days were unsuccessful and I don't know what else to do. I am the owner of an old ATI Radeon HD 4650 with Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon and 4 gb RAM memory. I bought Lg 29um58-P ultrawide monitor. I am also using dual link dvi to hdmi adapter to connect monitor.

The problem is that, when I change the resolution to 2560x1080px, it applies that resolution but it looks like it keeps 16:9 aspect ratio(very strange), image is blurred with big black borders on on the left and right side. I tried everything but I was unsuccessful in attempt to tell my gpu to show 21:9 aspect ratio. I really don't know what to do. I tried to uninstall Linux and install Windows 10, the same thing happened.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I really hope someone will help me.

Sorry for my bad english and have a nice day

• Re: Tell gpu to send 21:9 aspect ratio
          jargon

I've looked up the supported display resolutions for the HD 4650, and 2560x1080 is not among them.

Custom resolutions require custom timings, and if I recall correctly custom resolutions are not supported on the drivers for legacy AMD hardware.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Tell gpu to send 21:9 aspect ratio
              mrflash3

Thank you very much for your time. I suspected it was something like that, but the strange part is that i am able to choose 2560x1080 resolution, and that resolution applies, but I still have black borders and image looks like it is still 16:9 aspect ratio but with 2560x1080 resolution(very vierd). I think that aspect ratio is the problem, so I hope that I can somehow change that to 21:9, but fwith no success for now. :/