1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 9:16 AM by jargon

Screen off

baronnet

Hi.

I have a Radeon HD 5800 running in my desktop with Windows 10 64. I have already installed the latest driver avaliable at AMD, which is on legacy status. Since more or less 1 month I started to face a problem: either on startup or with the PC already running, the screen becomes black at the same time I hear a Windows sound of peripheric device unplugged, as if I would have unplugged the hdmi cable. The first time I had realized the issue was when I turned off the screen (a Sony TV) while the PC was running. At that point I heard the Windows sound of unplugging a device. After that, the issue also has happened when I start up my PC. I could not determine yet what exactly is associated with the problem. Eventually the screen works again, after restarting several times the PC thru the power button. Sometimes unplugging and plugging the hdmi cable does work, with the Windows sound that a device was plugged. But sometimes it does not make any difference and the screen remains black. I am not sure whether the issue is due to a possible conflict between AMD driver and Windows 10 automatic updates. If so, what to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Re: Screen off
          jargon

Lots of things to try:

• Use a different HDMI cable (maybe your cable needs to be replaced)
          • Connect the video card to the monitor with DVI or DisplayPort cables (maybe your video card's HDMI port is malfunctioning)
          • Remove the current driver and install a different one that's compatible with your video card (maybe your video card's driver is causing the problem)
          • Use a different AMD video card (maybe the problem's caused by the video card hardware)
          1 of 1 people found this helpful