I have overscan on the television I currently have to use as a monitor. I had the same issue when I used this monitor as a second screen for my laptop, but the integrated intel HD Graphics 4000 on this laptop allows me to compensate by scaling. Although it does blur the image a bit, that isn't an issue.
Currently, I need to use this screen for my custom build pc. At least for a few weeks, until I can get a decent monitor. In the mean time the overscan is really frustrating. But the worst part is, I can't seem to figure out how I can compensate for this by scaling using the AMD Radeon Settings Software.
The Tv monitor has no over/under scan options.
Some relevant screen shots of the AMD Radeon settings software:
- Display menu
- System menu:
- AMD Graphics Card
- AMD RX 580, 8GB, EAN: 4719072516147 (MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8G OC)
- Desktop System:
- Custom build
- Operating System:
- Windows 10 Education 64bit
- Driver version installed:
- Radeon Software 17.11.4
- Display Devices:
- Is a television: Medion MD30169, HDMI connected, 1680x1050 (WSXGA+), refresh rate unknown
- Motherboard + Bios Revision:
- Asrock Z370 pro4, P1.10, Uefi
- Chipset ME firmware version 22.214.171.12414
- Intel i5-8600K @ 3.60GHz
- Power Supply Unit:
- Corsair TX850M Gold
- 2 X 8 GB DDR4 2666 1.2V (dual channel) (Ballistix by Micron, BLS2C8G4D26BFSBK), stock speed
Question: I want to know how I can get to the correct settings to compensate for this overscan?