0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 11:49 PM by doofy

Can't setup custom resolution (even the native one!)

doofy

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the web for some time now and i can't figure out where the problem is.

With my old Monitor I was able to set a custom resolution in the crimson program.

The resolution I want to use is 1600x1200 stretched at 144Hz. I can choose it in the Windows options and use it.

I do have to open up the crimson software after i chose it to change the aspect to be stretched.

Everytime i want to play cs:go (i am just used to the resolution so it is hard for me to change it) i have to manually setup the resolution and after that i have to choose the 144Hz. I am able to play with it, but with my old monitor (Asus 24" 60Hz) I had it as a custom resolution and it switched automatically when i started the game. I am trying to set it up in the program, but it is telling me that my monitor is not compatible with the settings I hose (Even when i try to setup the native resolution it tells me this). I don't have any problems setting up the rtesolutions if i chose 60Hz, but then i wouldn't need a 144Hz Monitor if i only use the 60Hz. It is not too big of a hassle for me to switch every time, but i am just wondering why it is not working, when i can set it up manually.

I updated all drivers and the monitor driver is installed and updated, too!

Thank you all for your help!

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • XFX AMD R9 280X Black Edition
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
      • Display Devices
        • AOC AG241QX QWHD 144Hz
        • (Mini-)Displayport