1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2017 11:07 AM by falita

RX 480 Black Screen Then Exclamation Mark In Device Manager - 17.11.4

vodo

Hello, i have Nitro+ R480 4G OC GPU, and for some time i can use it for gaming or 4k video, only as base GPU. The problem was noticed about a week ago, and so far no solution. I try numerous drivers, newsest, oldest, no change. I uninstall the driver with DDU under safe mode, update with newest driver, but nothing happens.In Device manager i see the GPU (RX 480) bit with exclamation mark  ... When came out driver version 17.11.4 it was OK, the GPU works, have some games, some movies and i was relaxed...finaly. But today i was playng Project Cars and suddenly the screen turns black and the PC froze...after restart... guess whos back | exclamation mark  | and try to uninstall driver again (safe mode), update to newest driver. Any help? Does will solve the problem if the Windows is reinstalled or there is no connection?

My setup

CPU: I3 6100

MB: Asrock Z170 Extreme 4

GPU Nitro+ R480 4G OC

Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

SSD:Samsung M2.2280 MZNLF128HCHP (It was from my laptop)

HDD: 2TB Samsung

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Problem with "Error 43"
          falita

vodo, if you have a spare hdd  try installing a fresh copy of w10 (i assume this is the one you are using now) and test with any driver from 17.9.x and below. I'm sure the problem will be fixed. I had run a few tests and after w10 updates (the major ones) you will face problems with drivers, maybe something 'breaks' and will give you a erratic behaviour, no matter what.

In my case the 17.10.x and newer i can't play gta 5 fullscreen or a crash related to DX3D occur. On the fresh W10 this problem was gone.

Maaaybe... just maybe, after running DDU try to run also the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

1 of 1 people found this helpful