0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 11:47 AM by le_chat_scholiaste

Suspected driver issue: HBAO+ shader crashes Witcher 3 and Koe

le_chat_scholiaste

Hey guys,

Ever since I upgraded from an NVIDIA SLI configuration to a Vega 56 card, I have been experiencing crashes when playing The Witcher 3. For a while I thought this had something to do with my hardware, yet a few days ago I realised that the crashes probably had something to do with the shader implementation: Koe, too - a game that is currently at alpha stage - crashed frequently, until I disabled most of the shaders. I began experimenting with the shaders in The Witcher 3, and when I disabled the HBAO+ shader, the crashes stopped occurring.

To illustrate what happens if I leave the HBAO+ shader on, I've pasted in a photograph of my computer screen below: multicoloured confetti. The crashes mostly appear to occur if/when I open a menu. Should this be relevant: the SSAO shader produces no such problems.

Finally, some information on my setup. I hope this problem can be resolved, as I really like the effect the HBAO+ shader has on the graphics:

Current drivers: 17.11.4. The first drivers I installed belonged to the 17.10 series, and had the same problem.

Running at a 4K resolution

Hardware:

* Intel i7-4700MQ

* 16 GB DDR-3 RAM

* Intel SSD Hard Drive

* Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB sound card

* AMD Radeon Vega 56 Graphics Card

WP_20171130_20_32_17_Pro.jpg