• Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte EP43-UD3L BIOS v6.00PG
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel ep5400 dual core 2.7ghz
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
  • OCZ modxstream pro 500w
  • RAM
    • Kingston ValueRAM DDR2  4GB

As stated in thread title I have been trying to install drivers for this card without success. Steps taken before installing new drivers were to uninstall previous drivers for the 4850 that I replaced using proper procedures (ran DDU in safe mode removing all AMD drivers).

Booted up PC with the new GPU in place and I get the found new hardware VGA compatible prompt (also I have made sure the GPU is connected through VGA to my monitor)

I got the drivers from AMDs website (14-4-xp32-64-dd-ccc-Pack3) and first extracted, then ran setup but here I ran into problems (see pic attached setup.jpg). I followed through with the installation of these programs (I believe there should be installations for CCC as well, but I am not given the option to even select it), yet when it is complete I do not get the prompt to restart my PC, and even when I do as I get into windows my GPU is still only recognized as a VGA controller, I also get the same found new hardware VGA compatible prompt wizard, and seemingly no AMD drivers have been installed.

If I try to install the drivers through device manager I also run into problems, as even when I tell it where to look for the drivers I get this error (see pic attached hardware update wizard.jpg)

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. I will try to the best of my ability to follow instructions but please do bear with me as I am not the best at these things.

Regards,

Zappman

Attachments

Outcomes