3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2017 1:56 PM by atlasminor

Virtualisation?

tommy2k14

I am doing an Android Basics course through Udacity, and we have to use Android Studio. Part of the software requires Accelerated Hardware Virtualisation to be turned on in the UEFI, which it is. However it says to be, when I try to run the basic Hello World app which I have created (which is a coder's basic starting little app) that I haven't got Intel HAXM virtualisation enabled. I have a Ryzen 1700 processor, and the BIOS is an ASUS Prime B350. I have tried launching the app with and without Hyper-V installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

This is the exact error message:

Intel HAXM is required to run this AVD.

Your CPU does not require supported features (VT-X or SVM)

Unfortunately your computer does not support hardware accelerated virtualisation.

Here are some of your options:

1) Use a physical device for testing

2) Develop on a Windows/OSX computer with an Intel processor that supports VT-x and NX

3) Develop on a Linux computer that supports VT-x or SVM

4) Use an Android Virtual Device based on an ARM system image

(This is 10x slower than hardware accelerated virtualization)

• Re: Virtualisation?
          gc9

Is SVM mode (Secure Virtual Machine) or AMD-V enabled in the BIOS?

Asus Prime B350-Plus Bios - YouTube

at 2:33 seems to show Advanced Mode / Advanced tab / CPU Configuration / SVM mode

tommy2k14

SVM is enabked in the BIOS

atlasminor

Your going to have to look into the developer side of windows-10. You can try making sure developer Mode is on Settings and that Hyper-V is turned ON in Program Features alongside everything else needed for virtual machines to work.

I would also look into the Developer Platforms, normal main boards shouldn't be used for development, that was changed when Windows10 Launched, just people still refuse to look into it.

The MS Developer Zone, people also leave out how much they know about windows-10 development.  Most people into development moved back to Win7/8 an Xp for these reasons. You will always have problems trying to develop anything on windows10 without the actual Microsoft Development Community.

( If you dont own / or using a actual Development Main Board  Platform built for windows10, It is recommended and almost necessary to Disable Vmx/Tx or AMD-V)

AMD ships with Hyper-V ON, Intel ships default OFF.

Is SVM mode (Secure Virtual Machine) or AMD-V enabled in the BIOS? He has a AMD board, all AMD mobo's ship default ON

Your CPU does not require supported features (VT-X or SVM)

Unfortunately your computer does not support hardware accelerated virtualization . (OK grap a good Developer Main Board , and pardon my french, prepare yourself to pay out the rear end.

Microsoft is a service now, basically you want to develop on there OS, you go through them. There like the mafia of PC's now, pretty good example

*** Test Tools Check***

You can run  gibsons free tool to check which part of your system needs to be enabled along with a complate list of requirments on the website under the link

www . GRC . com / securAble .htm

Its also a good idea to chekc Ark @ intel ark dot com

Also might want to check if you have DEP turned on to FULL data protection.