11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 4:05 PM by colesdav

17.11.4 No release notes?

spacemanrob

Any reason for having no release notes for this latest driver?

• Re: 17.11.4 No release notes?
          zidder

Support For

• Oculus™ Dash Open Beta
          • DOOM® VFR

Fixed Issues

• Adjusting HBCC segment size on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may cause system instability on certain configurations.
          • A system hang may be experienced when switching display modes in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on certain Radeon graphics products in a Crossfire configuration.
          • Incorrect power and clock values may be reported on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
          2 of 2 people found this helpful
            colesdav

They were there this morning when I attempted to install it.
            I had a very quick look at the  release notes this morning.
            I was runnng Windows 10 64 bit version 17.03 (Creators Update) OS.
            The OS is deliberately set to "No Upfdates other than Security Patches" in Windows Settings.
            Radeon Crimson Settings notified me of an Update.

I selected Clean Install.

I got this message:

I have not investigated what it is.
            Windows System Checks said it is clean before I attempted the install.
            Programs -> Uninstall would not remove Radeon Settings.
            I had to reboot. the run amdcleanuputility.exe. reboot.
            I ran another system check and then downloaded the separate 17.11.4 installer.exe file.

Same thing happened.

I reverted back to running 17.11.2.

Need to check of 17.11.4 installs on the same machine running Windows 10 17.09 Fall Edition next.

Did you manage to get it to install?
            Thanks.

archie2085

Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Release Notes

Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-17.11.4

Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Highlights

Support For

• Oculus™ Dash Open Beta
                • DOOM® VFR

Fixed Issues

• Adjusting HBCC segment size on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may cause system instability on certain configurations.
                • A system hang may be experienced when switching display modes in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on certain Radeon graphics products in a Crossfire configuration.
                • Incorrect power and clock values may be reported on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

Known Issues

• Some desktop productivity apps may experience latency when dragging or moving windows.
                • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
                • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
                • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
                • The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
                • Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the user interface to stutter or exhibit corruption temporarily.
                • Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang.
                • OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations. Disabling Radeon ReLive as a temporary workaround may resolve the issue.
                • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may intermittently experience stability issues while enabling/disabling HBCC.
                colesdav

This is what I see  in Mozilla Firefox when I click on the link to the Release notes.

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Location: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

Line Number 1, Column 1:

^

elstaci

I clicked on the link you posted on the latest FireFox browser with Windows 10 pro 1709 version. Came up normally. I suggest you try to upgrade to 1709 and see if many of your issues are resolved or allow Windows Update to install optional Non-driver updates. As you well know, AMD Drivers work correctly with the Windows OS fully updated. Might want to check your Windows OS for corruption or virus infection to be on the safe side.

I found out that Firefox "No Tracing" security function causes many issues with running Video or playing online games. For instance, I needed to disable the "No Tracing" function to be able to watch South Park videos on their website using Firefox. Worked fine on Google Chrome though.

colesdav

Thanks for checking.

RE:

"This is what I see  in Mozilla Firefox when I click on the link to the Release notes.

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Location: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

Line Number 1, Column 1:

I was running Windows 8.1 64 bit when I posted that.

I was able to see the releasse notes yesterday when I was running Windows 10 17.03 Creators Edition ... which was patch up to the latest version nof that OS...

It is what  I see on Windows 8.1 64 bit with latest patches and Latest Version of Mozilla Firefox.
                        Any OS I run gets checked for corruption at boot.

Virus scans are also run and are clean.

All browsers are runing the latest available updates.

I run Adblocker Ultimate on Mozilla Firefox. - I get the above message. No ads are shown as blocked. However if I turn noff the adblocker completely I get the release notes.
                        I run Adblock on Google Chome. - I just get a white screen.- No Ads are shown as blocked. Disabling Adblock completely does nothing. I see no release notes.

I run no adblockers with Internet explorer 11. - I can get the release notes there.

So it looks like something is up somewhere w.r.t the AMD release notse pages versus Browsers and Adblock Plugins.

Cheers.

colesdav

I just tested Fedora 27 Server with KDE GUI installed running latest version of Mozilla available on Fedora 27.
                          I cannot see the 17.11.4 release notes using that OS/GUI/Browser Combination.
                          Bye.

colesdav

I repeat the info I  just sent to elstaci

To summarise:
                        Try different browsers / disable or completely uninstall  any adblocker plugins.
                        The release notes are there. it looks like something is up somewhere w.r.t the AMD release notse pages versus Browsers and Adblock Plugins.

Here they are in full:

colesdav

Please try this.

When I click on the link to the release notes for 17.11.4 in Google Chrome I get this address and a blank screen:

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

If I add the following in front of the above address:

https://

To get this: "https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx"

When I click on the link to the release notes for 17.11.4 in Mozilla Firefox I get this address and a blank screen:

support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

If I add the following in front of the above address:

To get this: "https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx"

It works and I see the release notes.

When I click on the link to the release notes for 17.11.4 in Internet Explorer I get this address and a blank screen:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

If I change the following in front of the above address:

http://

to

To get this:"https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx"

It works and I see the release notes.