0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 1:01 AM by snajk

Game freezing and Radeon settings crash, Vega 56 Win10

snajk

I bought a Vega 56 when it launched and it has worked mostly fine since then but not anymore. Now the driver crashes in most games causing a black screen or sometimes a white screen, sometimes with the audio still playing in the background. Tabbing out works good enough so that I can kill the game from the activity monitor. When I try to open Radeon Settings either before or after killing the game it also crashes with a generic "-has stopped working.." message. Rebooting does not help either. It started with driver 17.11.1 I think so I updated to 17.11.2 but still have the same issue and it feels as it has gotten worse. Now games freeze pretty much straight away. Today I tried Sleeping Dogs, which is an old game that shouldn't be a problem for this card, and it freezes within a minute, same with Broforce which really shouldn't put much load on the GPU. Started Nier Automata to try a more demanding game and it froze in the menu before I had a chance to start. Just Cause 3 also crashed pretty much straight away, but at least I got an error message:

A fatal error occurred in the graphics driver.

Code:39

Result: 'Device Removed, Reason:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET: Badly formed command, code sent an invalid draw command.'

Just Cause 3 will now exit.

Any unsaved progress will be lost.

Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

RX Vega 56

i5 5675C

Gigabyte Z97 motherboard

16GB RAM

LG 34UM95 3440x1440 via Display Port

Windows 10 with Fall Creators Update

Radeon driver 17.11.2

Edit: Tried the new drivers, 17.11.3, but they did not help either.