1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 6:29 AM by amdmatt

I am trying to replace outdated integrated graphics with a discrete graphics card. Do not know what card would be compatible. I have an Asus motherboard with ATI Radeon HD 3300 integrated graphics. Any help on this?

rdwarrior

Current system: Custom built desktop 9 years old.

Asus M4A78T-E motherboard with integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 graphics.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

AMD Phenom II x4 processor.

Ultra LSP750 Pro 750 watt power supply.

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 2333 HD digital.

Monitor shut down black, and restarted at a different resolution, and cannot change it. Tried to download new drivers for graphics only to find that they are no longer available. I am willing to de-activate the integrated graphics, and install a discrete ATI graphics card. I am not a gamer, and use the computer only for my businesses. I am not certain, but I think it all happened with a Microsoft automatic update recently. I took the computer back to a restore point prior to the update, but still did not work.

After 3 days of trying different methods, I still cannot regain my screen resolution.

Would installing a separate graphics card solve this problem? If so, what would be the recommended card? Thanks.