AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am trying to replace outdated integrated graphics with a discrete graphics card. Do not know what card would be compatible. I have an Asus motherboard with ATI Radeon HD 3300 integrated graphics. Any help on this?

Question asked by rdwarrior on Nov 28, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 by amdmatt

Current system: Custom built desktop 9 years old.

Asus M4A78T-E motherboard with integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 graphics.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

AMD Phenom II x4 processor.

Ultra LSP750 Pro 750 watt power supply.

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 2333 HD digital.

Monitor shut down black, and restarted at a different resolution, and cannot change it. Tried to download new drivers for graphics only to find that they are no longer available. I am willing to de-activate the integrated graphics, and install a discrete ATI graphics card. I am not a gamer, and use the computer only for my businesses. I am not certain, but I think it all happened with a Microsoft automatic update recently. I took the computer back to a restore point prior to the update, but still did not work.

After 3 days of trying different methods, I still cannot regain my screen resolution.

Would installing a separate graphics card solve this problem? If so, what would be the recommended card? Thanks.

Outcomes