AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installation failure with AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40 on Centos 7.3.

Question asked by colesdav on Nov 25, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2017 by colesdav

Hello,

System Information.

CPU i7-4770K.

32GB RAM. 4 of Corsiar Ballistix LP Tactical 8GB DDR3 Ram at 1600 MHz.

Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual Motherboard with latest BIOS.
Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt PowerSupply.

Dual R9 Nano. Two cards connected during installation on PCIe 3.0x8 Slots. 
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SSHD.
OS = Fresh download and installation Centos 7.3 as specified by AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40 driver requirements.

I wanted to download and install the latest version of AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40 on a supported Linux Release.
I already had a clean installation of Fedora 27 which I upgraded from Fedora 26 last night but I do not think AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40 supports those ... yet.

I specifically downloaded and installed Centos 7.3. on a blank hard drive, just to test the AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40 on Centos 7.3 as specified.

I followed the instructions here:
AMDGPU-PRO Driver for Linux® Release Notes

AMDGPU-PRO Driver for Linux® Release Notes

Article Number: RN-AMDGPU-PRO-LINUX

Release Date: October 30th, 2017

I downloaded this driver. 
https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/rhel7/amdgpu-pro-17.40-492261.tar.xz

I followed the Centos Installation instuctions here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-RedHat-CentOS-Install.aspx

I ran the commands as instructed and everything seemed fine until here:
./amdgpu-pro-install –y

I see the following errors.

Error: Package: 1:xorg-x11-drv-amdgpu-pro-1.3.99-492261.el7.x86_64 (amdgpu-pro-local)

Requires: xserver-abi(videodrv-19) >= 0

Error: Package: glamor-egl-amdgpu-pro-1.19.0-492261.el7.x86_64 (amdgpu-pro-local)

Please advise on what is supposed to be done next.

This is a fresh Centos 7.3 install from the official 7.3 archive and then followed your instructions for AMD Driver installation on Centos starting with

Article Number: GPU-637

Installing the AMDGPU-PRO Driver
There are three simple steps involved in the installation of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver: Download, Extract, and Install.  The instructions to perform the installation are intended for a Red Hat 7/CentOS 7 or Red Hat 6/CentOS 6 installation and should take less than 10 minutes to complete.  Before installing the driver, a quick note on how to check if your system already has AMDGPU-PRO installed.   In addition, the recommended best practice is to bring the system up-to-date before starting the driver installation, with:

sudo yum update

sudo reboot

Getting all the way to here:

./amdgpu-pro-install –y

Only to hit this:

Error: Package: 1:xorg-x11-drv-amdgpu-pro-1.3.99-492261.el7.x86_64 (amdgpu-pro-local)

Error: Package: glamor-egl-amdgpu-pro-1.19.0-492261.el7.x86_64 (amdgpu-pro-local)

Any advice / Ideas appreciated.

I would expect this to install o.k.This is a completely fresh installation of Centos.

Outcomes