• Radeon software version 17.1.1 Crimson ReLive

Bios settings:

Northbridge configuration:
      Primary graphics adapter: PCI Express
      Onboard graphics: Enabled
      Share memory: 2048MB

memory.PNGspd.PNG

Description of the problem:
      I am having an issue enabling the dual graphics option as I cannot see the setting. It seems that I have the required system for it to run. What do I do wrong?

disabled.PNG

• Re: Dual graphics - AMD A8-7600 and R7 240
          amdmatt

Do you see an option that says AMD CrossFire under Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings?

Have you configured your Bios for Dual Graphics as instructed in the Motherboard docmentation?

According to the documentation Page 28 > http://asrock.nl/downloadsite/Manual/FM2A88X-ITX+.pdf

Step 1. Please keep the default UEFI setting of "Dual Graphics" option on [Auto].

Step 2. Install one AMD RADEON PCI Express graphics card to PCIE1 slot.

Step 3. Connect the monitor cable to the onboard VGA port. Please be noted that the current VGA driver / VBIOS can allow Dual Graphics output from onboard display only.

Page 55 > http://asrock.nl/downloadsite/Manual/FM2A88X-ITX+.pdf

Primary Graphics Adapter

This item will switch the PCI Bus scanning order while searching for video card. It allows you to select the type of Primary VGA in case of multiple video controllers. The default value of this feature is [PCI Express]. Configuration options: [Onboard] and [PCI Express]. Set this to Onboard.

Dual Graphics

This item appears only when you install AMD RADEON graphics card on this motherboard. Use this to enable or disable Dual Graphics feature. If you enable this option, the primary monitor will be onboard VGA. If you select [Auto], Dual Graphics function will be automatically enabled when you install AMD RADEON graphics card. The default value is [Auto]. Set this to Enabled.

If you are still having issues, you will need to contact Asrock for support setting up Dual Graphics.

borup

Hi amdmatt

Thank you for pointing these things out. I set my system up differently according to other websites.
              I have now tried to follow what you have written and I believe I am one step closer to enable dual graphics.

Current BIOS settings (as stated in your post and the manual):
              Northbridge:

Primary graphics adapter: onboard

Onboard graphics: Enabled

Share memory: 2048MB

What I did:

1. Connect HDMI cable to onboard HMD connector.
              2. Remove all drivers
              3. Reboot system
              4. change BIOS settings to the current ones
              5. Install newest AMD driver
              6. reboot system

Under Radeon settings --> system I now see this

Hence no cards are now disabled.
              However, I do not see AMD CrossFire under global settings for any of the graphics cards

I do not see any Dual Graphics option in my BIOS. Therefore, I have written to Asrock support but await their answer.

nameofauser

Hey, I'm also having this issue. I actually found this article:

https://www.techarp.com/articles/amd-crossfire-mgpu-retired/

So I think this is just a problem for everybody right now. Not sure why AMD didn't update their support page about Dual graphics then, cause it still says to just turn on the "crossfire" setting. Let me know if you tried to follow that guy's (amdmatt) instructions and how that turned out. Thank you.

jmazaredo

I also have this same issue cannot do dual graphics same setup

nameofauser

I think I found the issue. amdmatt, You actually fixed an issue like this before. The graphics card isn't compatible because of the shader count. You probably have 512 shaders and you can only have 384 for the dual graphics to work. You basically have to get a 1GB card instead of a 2GB one.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      amdmatt

I'd be interested to see a GPU-Z screenshot of his R7 240. As far as i know, there is only 384 Shaders on all R7 240's whether they have 2GB or 1GB, unless i am mistaken.

nameofauser

Oh. Perhaps I am wrong. This seems to be exactly what my issue is though, so can't hurt to look into it.

borup

I have been in contact with ASRock and what they wrote me was:

Thanks for contacting ASRock.

For FM2/FM2+ platform, [Dual Graphics] function has been set to [Auto] already.

Therefore, you could use this function with BIOS default setting.

We tested A8-7600 and R7 240 on FM2A88X-ITX with P3.40, and [Dual Graphics] function could work properly.

Configuration requirements:

Memory: DDR3-1866 or higher frequency memory modules in dual channel. It is necessary to load XMP profile to set your DDR3 RAM at 1866 or higher speed.

Graphic: APU + GPU support dual graphics

AMD Link:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/dual-graphics

Please follow the steps to enable Dual Graphics

1. 1.      Please confirm your system and device is correspond to configuration requirement
                              2. 2.      Install R7 240 graphics card to the PCIE slot.
                              3. 3.      Connect the monitor cable to R7 240 graphic card.
                              4. 4.      Boot your system into the OS.

Then please remove the any VGA driver which was installed in your system.

1. 5.      Install the onboard VGA driver from our website and the R7 240 driver.

Onboard VGA driver: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/AMD/VGA/VGA(v15.20.1065)_1.zip

R7 240 driver: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.11.5-nov25.exe

1. 6.      After that, please restart your system.

Press “right click” in the desktop and click “AMD Radeon Settings” option.

See at picture.Ref1.jpg

1. 7.      In AMD Radeon Settings, choose [display] option.

If Dual Graphics works, it will show following message.

See at picture.Ref2.jpg

Thank you!

I have tried what they wrote and it doesn't work for me.

I even tried to use AMD's latest drivers without any luck.

Onboard driver: win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.1-dec11
                              R7 240 driver: win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.2-dec19

I therefore asked them for their system configuration and it looks like:

Here is out system configuration:

MB: FM2A88X-ITX with P3.40

CPU: A8-7600

VGA: R7 240

RAM: G.skill DDR3-1866 x2

They can unfortunately not do anymore from their site and have asked me to contact my local dealer to ask them to try and check my system even though it is compatible.

I hope this answer helps other people on their way to dual graphics.

amdmatt do you know if AMD has tested dual graphics on a system similar to my configuration?