2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2017 7:27 AM by amdmatt

Ryzen 1600 missing cores

schtick

Hi.

I recently built a system with the Ryzen 1600, and Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3.

Due to issues getting my original RAM running at 3200mhz, I upgraded to G.Skill Flare X 3200 16cl (F4-3200C14D-16GFX).

I was ecstatic to see my memory running at 3200 by simply setting XMP profile in BIOS!

However, now I'm having another (more serious) issue. My PC is only recognizing 6 cores.

That is, it previously displayed "6 cores, 12 threads/logical processors", and it is now dispalying "6 cores, 6 threads/logical processors".

This (obviously) heavily impacts performance benchmarks.

Where did my (virtual?) cores go!? Please help.

EDIT: I noticed Ryzen Master was the cause of some missing core oddities throughout this forum, but I do not believe I have it installed, so seems not to be the cause of my problem.

EDIT 2: I can also confirm that SMT is set to "auto" (Where options are "auto" or "disable").

EDIT 3: Hard reboot (unplug, wait, restart) seems to have resolved the issue. Hopefully everything remains good.

• Re: Ryzen 1600 missing cores
          schtick

So after a lot of digging, I stumbled upon a post that mentioned 'fast boot' could cause an issue. I do not have fast boot enabled, but it gave me the idea it would be worth trying to shutdown, disconnect the power cord, wait, and try again. This appears to have resolved the issue!

I'll post back in a couple days to verify all's well (or before if all isn't), so the thread can be closed.

For now, would still be interested in any insight on what might have happened though