13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2018 12:11 PM by x58

Mouse Lag/Poor Performance In Games - Ryzen and NVidia gtx 1080

x58

As the title says: I really need developers help, or community people with knowledge  in motherboard, cpu, psu  because I really start to feel miserable, like starting to questioning myself where i'm standing, I know my English is not that good but, I really feels bad, i know emotional doesn't seems to help, I have asking many times in many forum calling for assistance because, I really feels that my   my pc is behaving like  a pentium 4, no matter what I do; even if games runs in high fps, i feel like VISUAL LAG, MOUSE BEHAVING BAD, Like my Eyes gets tired easily, like feeling dizzy when playing games, even at 100-200 fps.. is like having Vertical sync on ,or triple buffering mixed, i have tried many windows 7 or 10 installations, full drivers update, even BIOS modify with AMCIBIP 5.02 version for my motherboard AB350 fatality k4 gaming,  such disabling XHCI HAND OFF-  ehci off, and Legacy usb support, from the bios modifier and problem persist, also by tweaking HPET Enable/disable, C/states, AMD cool quiet, core performance boost enable/disable,  and by oc the cpu to 3.8 and by disabling simulthaneous multithreading and also by running xmp 2.0 profile in 3.2 mod, also tried Legacy VS UEFI CSM and problem persist :/

PC SPECS: AB350 fatality k4 gaming, (bough in may 18 2017)

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (Bought in may 18 2017)
      PSU: Thermaltake TP 775 (bought in 2011)
      CASE: V9 thermaltake (bough in 2011)
      RAM: Patriot 2x4 3200 model: PV-48G320C6K (I tried to contact manufacture for chipset specification and they doesnt know if my rams are hynix nor samsumg :/)

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
      Windows 10: 1607 (tried too the 1703 creator, and windows 7 ) same problem

Monitor: Syncmaster T200 1680x1050 (2ms) 60 hz (can oc to 75hz)

I really want to understand if my components are working properly in the HWINFO69, also i want to know what are the stock volts by nature for this Motherboard and cpu? i want to know if my pc is not damaged or if i get a bad motherboard damaged or something? thats why im asking about help to learn how to diagnose and tell if volts or electricy are good between components

this is my hardwre info64 <--- when running PRIME95 BLEND MEMORY TEST for one hour

dORRH-LiRLe-nbUixYHPSw.png

GMG8AefcS265uR-CiQGexQ.png

j9y2xLWKRnWZ-JLCW5kg2A.png

Bervqf2MQKeeTMexQShLFw.png

PS: I'm really thinking that is something related to CPU because, is like when unchecking the CPU 0 or cpu 01 in some apps or games, things become great just for 7 seconds or something, I have tried bios default, old bios, new bios, latest bios.. and is difficult problem persist...

But don't ignore me , I really want to know if something is wrong or not with my computer, because i cannot enjoy any game...

Things that i have tried:
      1- Disconnecting HD-AUDIO from mobo
      2- Disconnecting HDD-LED, POWER,RESET,Ground buttons and turn on pc with Screwdriver
      3- Disconnecting Case front 2.0 USB cable
      4- Disconnecting Cable Ethernet RJ-45 from motherboard
      5- Disconnecting any hard-drive and leaving connect only the operative system SSD
      6- Disconnecting all Case Fans, molex cables, and optical DISC
      7- At the end i just leave on GPU+SSD+ Of course cpu fan cooler+ cpu cables and motherboard 26 pin..

And tried EVGA GTX 580, and nvidia 9600, and tried running the computer out of the case, tried one OCZ Vertex 3 120 gigas, also replaced with Crucial m500 250 gigas
      The only thing that i have tried is a new power supply but i dont have money to buy a new one...
      I have tried also a problem called: Intel Compiler Patch that detect Windows Genuine intel patch on some apps or files, so when you patch, it seems that make genuine for AMD.
      Tried also many Windows, and fresh install...
      Tried a USB Ethernet Card, tried a 3.0 mouse and 2.0 mouse, and PS2 mouse and keyboard... :/

Anyway i'm not crazy i mean my games are not playeable is like i feel like something is bad rendered... such frames skipping something like that
      I know my monitor is not 144 hz, but i have seen people with 60 or 75 hz and everything runs so smooth

But yeah i need help

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: I need developers help
          amdmatt

Is your system memory running at the correct speed and timings in the Motheboard bios?

I've noticed that a lot of NVidia users seem to have similar issues with Ryzen and Threadripper. Some users have noted that disabling HPET seems to resolve the issue of Mouse lag, stuttering, poor performance etc, why don't you try that?

https://www.ghacks.net/2013/04/18/try-changing-hpet-settings-to-improve-your-pcs-performance/

• Re: Mouse Lag/Poor Performance In Games - Ryzen and NVidia gtx 1080
            qwixt

1. Make sure that you are not thermally throttling with CPU or GPU

2. Your memory should be in sockets A2 and B2 for dual channel.

3. Look in the event viewer of windows for interesting errors

I would get a benchmark tool for cpu, memory, and gpu to see where the problem might be.

What does the "Perform Limit Reasons" section in HWInfo say?

I recommend turning off all C-states for now. Disable fast boot (bios) and fast start (windows).

Edit to add:

Looking at your GPU, it doesn't appear to be boosting at all. Your CPU shows 100% on all cores and the GPU is at minimum. Perhaps you did nothing while running HWInfo?

x58

Hello qwixt nice to meet you, and thanks for your comment

1- Make sure that you are not thermally throttling with CPU or GPU (does you refers to temps?)
                2- Yeah they are in A2 & B2
                3- In the Event viewer logs, i have many erros regardless to disconecting internet manually, and by disabling/enabling services for diagnostic purpose.

What does the "Perform Limit Reasons" section in HWInfo say?  (Where i can see that thing of Perform Limit Reasons) :O? thanks.

And that day that i posted here the HWINFO69 was because of prime 95 i let run that software on blend-test memory, and i went out of the pc for 30 minutes i guess
                but now i will run HWINFO69 on test FIRESTRIKE-3D  their recommend test (TIME-SPY) and put here the HWINFO69.

Well this time without doing anything just TIME-SPY on FIRE-3DMARKS it seems that it doesn't put  pressure on CPU just GPU i guess?
                What type of Bench should i do to ensure i can put pressure on both GPU+CPU so you can see a better or detailed hwinfo69?
                Also did you see the VRM 29? stays on that :O  maybe my asrock ab350 motherboard doesnt have a sensor i guess.

saa3asBcSEOLzaam-orc1g.png

0YZHAzWLTxKbBuqUXAZApA.png

VOVStWjdQCi_Wr1KqqAhOw.png

szmHvthPSVWuR3k0ZQpyoQ.png

warsoul

Same problem here !

AMD threadripper 1950x (Chipset drivers from AMD)

Asus Prime-a X399 (Bios 503)

64gb ddr4 3200mhz cl14 tridentZ

Samsung 850 Evo SSD 512gb

HyperX 120gb

EVGA GTX 660sc

WD 2tb HDD

Corsair H100iv2

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow

Corsair HX 1000w

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Nvidia Drivers 397.31

What i tried to fix the Stuttering :

1- Installing AMD Ryzen Master to launch in gamemode

2- Installing the lastest Asus AI Suite

3- Disabling the HPET

4- Disabling SMT

5- Installing AMD chipset drivers instead of Asus ones

- No results, my mouse lag on the desktop and my computer seems to throtling even if my temp are between 31 to 58 degree in CoreTemp or Ryzen Master.

- My chrome take 3 to 5 seconds to open, my hyperlink in my email take 10 seconds to open. My i7 920 D0 was 3 times faster for a 9 years old CPU.

- I was running my game at 60fps+ with my i7 920 and now with my threadripper 1950x, my games starts at 140fps but slowly drop to 30 fps in less than 2 minutes and the games are unplayable even in game mode.

I'm poor and handicaped, i saved all my pennies for 3 years to build the best CPU i can afford for my Zbrush Workstation. I'm litteraly crying now, even if i am 38 years old. 3000$ spent for something worse than my 9 years old Workstation. Please Help Me !

x58

Aww man I got you on this, is like we have a monster pc, but it performs like a dual core pc...

PC SPECS
                    :

MotherBoard: Asrock Ab350 Fatality K4 Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 1600

RAM: Patriot 2x4 GB PV48G320C6K (11D1) 3200 mhz 

PSU: ThermalTake ToughPower XT 775 bronze +80

CASE: Thermaltake V9 Black edition

Graphic: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming, 06G-P4-6262-KR, 6GB GDDR5m ACX 3.0 & LED

And yes i remember that i was like you, tested even my PSU to see if was the problem, touched a Bunch of setttings in my bios, installing, uninstalling, tweaking ram, and HPET, SMT. I feel like my games seems to have visual lag, or input lag, When using xbox controller wired cable 360, feels like heavy, analogs not precise...

Mouse like lag... or the point cursor has ghosting effect. Also when press  F5 To refresh lets say 20-30 icons in a folder, it takes like 3-4 seconds from the first Icon to the last one...

I'm 26 years old i'm from Venezuela, situation here is extremely bad... right now our salary a month is less than 1$
                    Our currency stands in Bolivares, a month of salary 15 days ago was like 2.200.000 bolivares, while a pound of meat cost 4.200.000
                    And that's apply for everything, rice, potatoes, vegetables, everything is expensive

We don't get paid in dollars and if we do the math  15 days ago 1$ was around 2.700.0000, now our damn president (dictator) made and adjust in the salary increasing from 2.200.000 to 5.200.000 more than 100%... (what in the world, what country improve salary in less than 4 months) with that 100%?
                    Now the sad part is that, when the salary goes up..., everything becomes double expensive... the dollar probably will be now around 6.000.000,
                    And probably a meat would cost 7.000.000

But anyway, yeah i want to have my pc good working, I was like working so hard for friends playing some games for them such Runescape, and it took me 12 hours daily for period of 20 days to reach to 400$ in 2017 and with that i bought part of my pc..  and was an opportunity 1 in one billion, and second i was gifted with that GPU and SSD from a friend.