2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2017 8:55 PM by gamer563

Stutering/FPS Drops What Is Causing it? - RX 480 17.11.1

gamer563

But I have been experiencing alot of stuttering since I installed the driver with AMD Wattman enabled, even at high fps such as in the 200's in CS GO, just going from 260 fps to 220 can cause a major spike. I have tried everything from overclocking, turning on power effiency on and off, putting GPU Workload to Compute to Graphics, messing with AMD's settings. I have gaven up at this point. I performed a bench mark on my RAM and it said it was perfomring way below expectations, while SSD, HDD, Gpu, and CPU were all at expected. And Ram will sometimes stay at 300mhz even while game is launched. Do you know of any ways to troubleshoot RAM problems? I took this screenshot in TM, are these normal statistics? I have also tried messing with the page filing, doing things from checking system managed, no paging file, and trying my amount of ram as I have 16gb. This stuttering effect happens at all games when high fps goes down by about 20 to 50 and higher.    Screenshot_1.png

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX480

Cpu- i5-6400k @ 2.7ghz

Amd version: AMD Crimson Relive 17.11.1

Monitor: Hp Pavilion f1703 (1280x1024) (60hz, 75hz) Using VGA Connector.

Bios version: American Megatrends Inc. 1.10

RAM: 16GB

This is a desktop PC.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.