RX580 4K 32" Acer BM320 - Vertical Lines On Display

lionheart12x

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 4Gb

• Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop system

• Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit with the latest windows update.

• Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.11.2

• Display Devices
        • Single Display, Acer BM320, 32 inch, 4K display, 3840 x 2160 @60Hz over DisplayPort

• Motherboard + Bios Revision
        • Asus P8Z77-V, BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 2104, 8/13/2013
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

• Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
        • Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W

• RAM
        • Amount of memory installed 16GB

Describe your issue:

• I recently purchased a new monitor, the Acer BM320, and a new graphics card to output 4K as indicated above, but sometimes while I am viewing my desktop with nothing open or sometimes when I am watching a video on YouTube or even when I’m typing documents on Word, I would see a group of vertical lines appear for a brief second on 1/4 of the screen. This happens on either the left or right side of the screen and doesn’t happen often. I researched this problem and thought that it might be with the cable, so I went and purchase a certified DP cable and the problem still occurs. It even occurs over HDMI. I even returned and replaced the graphics card and it still happens.

I’m at a loss. Unfortunately, I can’t provide a picture because it only happens for a second and it is not reproduceable.

Does anyone have any experience with this?