3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2017 9:26 AM by thefuzz1542

Is Asus Auto Tweak Setting My Voltage Way To High?

thefuzz1542

So I was messing around with my Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero today and I normally do my own overclocks and try to keep my VCore at or lower then 1.4v as I have read many times that 1.45v is where you can start to shorten your CPUs life. Well while exploring and playing around with some features I figured I'll try the Auto tweak feature on my mobo, what the hell? I wanted to see what it could do. Supposedly they're a lot safe then what they use to be, so figured I would give it a shot. I honestly thought it would only give a few MHz bump and pretty much wouldn't even be noticeable. Well it bumped my 1800X to 4.02GHz and VCore to 1.504! I mean it is stable and although temps are warmer then when I have it set to 3.89 GHz with its voltage around 1.4-1.45 the temps are not "Horrible". I got EK pump and blocks tied to a 360mm rad but the fact that auto tweak set the VCore to 1.504v has me scared a little. Is this normal? Have any one messed around with voltages in this range? I know it's not uncommon to push voltages for a short duration for record pushing but this is what Asus set it to for a "Daily Operation" profile. I have included a screen shot of a CPUID read out after pushing both CPU and GPU to saturate the cooling system and here are the voltages / heat.

Desktop 11-21-2017 5-50-02 PM-831.jpg