AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 580 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL atikmdag.sys - 17.11.2

Question asked by kira18302 on Nov 21, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 by amdmatt

So I've recently bought a RX580 8GB XFX black edition and I used to have an Nvidia GTX760 with NVidia drivers. I installed the videocard , uninstalled the drivers and then installed the AMD drivers from the website ( specifically the Crimson Relive 17.11.2 which is the newest one ) and then I tried to play some games like The Witcher 3 , Rise of the tomb raider , League of Legends and Overwatch and everything worked like a charm , easily running them on highest graphics without any frame drops or performance issues. Then SOMETIMES whenever I left a game it would give me a BSOD with the message IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL atikmdag.sys . I then saw a forum fix saying that I should upgrade my bios and remove the drivers with DDU . So I did that and yes it turned out I didn't have the lastest bios version so I updated it and then removed all display drivers with DDU in safe mode and then reinstalling the Crimson Relive again. But the error still persists and I don't know how to fix it. Please Help.

My specs  :  Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

16 GB RAM

2T HDD

XFX AMD RX 580 8GB GDDR5

800W Power supply

On an ASUS H110M-C BIOS version : 3403

I'm using an 144hz monitor from samsung the LC27FG70FQ with Freesync ON

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Attachments

Outcomes