1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2017 6:20 PM by guyfrozen

eyefinity restarts my computer when turning on also connected tv

guyfrozen

I have a R9 390 graphics processor, and every time over the last year and a half; when I turn on my TV that is connected by hdmi to hdmi into a yamaha receiver for surround sound - the screens flash, go blank, and come back.  Lately though, they have been flashing on and off and going blank four or five times and starts to show my desktop all chopped up throughout the monitors and all pixelated and squares of colors.... I tried installing new and old drivers, nothing is fixing this issue... the only way to not have it happen is to start the computer with the tv and receiver already on, but that would suck if I was not going to watch anything for a couple hours or so...

On a secondary thought, the gpu is also stopping my computer from going into sleep mode, using the command prompt to type in something I dont remember that shows if there is power use through various components of the computer, and the gpu came up every time.... No error codes, no blue screens, nothing, just a bunch of screwed up looking screens flashing on and off before the computer just does a full restart....

I un-dusted it, took it out of the computer, cleaned it as well as i could along with all the input ports on the back side and power plugs...

I have 3 monitors connected by one display port, two dvi ports, and the tv is connected by hdmi.... the dvi's are too short for me to test if switching the cables around would do anything...

thanks in advance!