AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX480 Acting Strange! Im Stumped!! Please Help!

Question asked by psychoticheaven on Nov 18, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 by psychoticheaven

Ok..so Ill try and be as brief yet as descriptive as possible. My Rx480 8gb(ROG Strix), even if it is whats causing this issue, gives no signal on SOME boots, not all of them! Also sometimes if I let it sit, Ill get a signal a minute or 2 later, Or just no signal, no VGA led staying lit and can hear windows booting in the background!  The immediate fix is to pull power plug and kill excess charge or reset bios and it will boot normally! So out of curiosity i did try rebooting over and over and sometimes it will boot the very next time, or it will take a bunch of times! Again if it takes a few times I use the methods I typed before and poof it boots immediately! The problem is, its random!! Sometimes I can boot fine for 2 days other times it happens on every boot! The card itself seems to perform great when I get to Windows! Played Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Max everything with an average 150fps for about three hours with no issues! I just built this PC in April and no overclocks applied across the board! But overclocking anything seems to make the problem happen more frequently(applied the OC setting in GPU Tweak 2 and have since uninstalled it)! I did see just DRAM led on my mobo stay on during the no signal boots, and thought AAAAHAAA...checked the bios and set my RAM to 1333htz and all was well, so I thought, the next day..no signal yet again with just the VGA led staying lit!! Things Ive done: Update bios, roll back bios, update drivers, roll back drivers, change to HDMI, reseat the card, change rails on my PSU, clean out the GPU with compressed air, re-installing Windows! Also as of this day, my temps seem to be getting a bit higher all across the board, and when playing Fortnite(Maybe bad optimization from EPIC) I get temps upwards of 84c sometimes when a couple months ago they stayed in the low 70s for my GPU!! Or like last night I played for about 2 hours and temps stayed in the 70s again! This problem has been happening for a few months now! And Ive tried every forum but here! Any help would be of GREAT appreciation!!!

Specs:

CPU-FX8350

GPU-ROG Strix RX-480 8gb OC Edition

MOBO-ASUS 970 Pro Gaming AURA

PSU-EVGA Supernova 750w G3

RAM-16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro

CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i V2

SSD-Scandisk Ultra II 240gb

HDD-Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200rpm

Case-NZXT H440

Outcomes