3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 8:32 AM by mclingo

RX Vega 64 Crashes PC, no BSOD

tomtomj2
      • AMD Graphics Card
        • MSI RX Vega 64 LC (Same issue with Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Ref.)
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 Home
      • Driver version installed
      • Display Devices
        • DELL S2817Q 3840x2160 res 60Hz, HDMI 2.0 cable
        • LG 29UM68-P 2560 x 1080 res 60Hz, DP 1.2 cable
      • Motherboard + Bios Revision
        • ASRock AB350M Pro4 mATX AM4 motherboard, BIOS 3.10
      • CPU/APU
        • AMD Ryzen 7 1700
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • EVGA G2 850W
      • RAM
        • 16 GB Patriot Viper 2800Mhz DDR4

Describe your issue:

So Ive been having this issue for about a month now and I cant see m to wrap my head around it. I'm not really sure what could be causing this issue but ill do my best to describe it because its driving me absolutely insane right now. So I recently had bought a replacement Vega 64 as I thought the first one was defective. However the replacement is also giving me the same issue and I'm not sure if its driver or hardware related. Both GPU have no issues while idle of doing simple tasks, however after gaming for a random amount of time (say 3 or 4 hours) the screen will turn grey for a quick second and then go black, and the whole PC turns off or goes into an idle state of no response that requires me to hold the power button to get it to reboot. Ive monitored the temps of the whole system and everything is running at a normal temperature. Currently this has happened with every version of drivers I have installed since about 17.10.2. Before I had an R9 280 and it worked with this system with no issues. Ive replaced the old 620W PSU with this 850W PSU as I thought it wasn't getting enough power, yet it still does it.

Windows doesn't provide an error for every crash but I post the two that show up:

This one happens with the MSI card

On Tue 11/7/2017 2:24:31 PM your computer crashed
      crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110717-5140-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x355E)
      Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x1D, 0xFFFFD1815EFAD7C0, 0x0, 0x0)
      Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
      file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
      product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      company: Microsoft Corporation
      description: Watchdog Driver
      Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
      The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

And this one happens with the Gigabyte Card I had replaced:

On Sun 10/29/2017 1:15:22 AM your computer crashed
      crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102917-4437-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7211BB)
      Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8D0EA4CCF8F8, 0x0, 0x0)
      Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
      file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
      product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      company: Microsoft Corporation
      description: NT Kernel & System
      Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
      This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
      The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I read that the second error can be caused by a faulty motherboard, Ill see about posting on ASRocks forums to see if that could also be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.