AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having Trouble Updating The AMD Drivers On My Dell Laptop - Keeps Going Back To 17.11.

Question asked by hamur on Nov 18, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 by hardcoregames™

I do not see a feedback option anywhere on this site, and I'm beginning to understand why.

I am trying to get my Dell laptop updated to the latest drivers.

My system has "Primary" AMD Radeon R7 graphics, with a Radeon RX 560 card "Linked" (not being able to select the RX 560 as primary is a topic for another day...)

Radeon Software Version is 17.1.1.

If I update the Radeon Software to ANYTHING ELSE, it will not start because it will then say I have no drivers installed.

If I then install drivers, it reverts the Radeon Software back to 17.1.1.

I have games that specifically tell me they can't run on 17.1.1., and that they need a newer version.

This is my first computer without nVidia, and if this experience is the norm, it will be my last.  With nVidia, you open the console, and it automatically updates you to exactly what you need.

It is 2017, exactly how hard is it to get this simple process working?  If you can't manage to make updating your video card drivers, with your video card software work...whats the point of having the software?

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes