2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 12:19 AM by flapjack

FPS drops, stutter and occasional freezes in all games RX 570

superhdninja

As it says in the title, I'm having issues in all games where I would get drops in framerate in all games once things would get just a little more graphically intensive in the game, I get drops to the low 50's and 40's (sometimes even lower). That is when I limit the FPS in-game to 60. If I leave it unlocked, the game feels like it's stuttering and even though I'm seeing figures in the 90FPS or more, it certainly doesn't feel like it when I'm playing. I get the same drops too when the FPS is unlocked but even worse, it freezes sometimes. Now the real problem is that everything looks good on paper: temps are generally low (doesn't get above 75C), the clock speeds stay the same throughout, so it's not throttling. It's not a CPU bottleneck either since I have the Ryzen 5 1600 and it stays at around 30% usage most of the time so no issue there either. What's interesting is that sometimes there is nothing wrong: everything runs smoothly with no issues, and this usually happens either when I restart my PC or I uninstall some driver and restart. I feel like I've tried everything yet I still get this inexplicable bad performance that shouldn't happen with my GPU. Re-installed drivers, did clean installs, tried different versions...

I attached a screenshot of BF3 at Ultra settings 1080p where only in the spawn screen I get dropped to the 40 FPS mark which is ridiculous with this GPU (Numbers from MSI Afterburner)

SYSTEM:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ stock speeds

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B350M Gaming Pro (MS-7A39) BIOS Version 7A39v25

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB OC

DRIVER: Radeon Crimson Relive Version 17.7.2 (Relive not installed)

PSU: EVGA 500W 80+

DISPLAY: AOC 1920x1080 IPS monitor 60Hz