3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 6:52 AM by amdmatt

How To Use Radeon 520 GPU? Switchable Graphics

nyxreich

Good afternoon, I'm from Chile and a week ago I bought an HP-15bw006la notebook, which comes with an AMD Radeon 520, my problem is that when running any program or game it runs with the main AMD Radeon R5 Graphics card, the which does not give the expected performance, I have searched for information and can not find a way to change the dedicated card as the main one.

Waiting for a quick help, please

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Linked and main card
          kingfish

How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

New Features and Improvements

Radeon Settings

• Radeon Additional Settings has been retired and its previously supported controls for Switchable Graphics, Color Depth and Pixel Format have all been moved into Radeon Settings.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Linked and main card
            amdmatt

Default settings will use the high performance GPU, so long as your are connected to the power. Thw switchable graphics settings are under Radeon Settings > System > Switchable graphics. Please ignore whatever game X tells you which GPU is bein used, it is wrong. Games cannot detect your high performance GPU as the displlay is connected to your integrated GPU.

1 of 1 people found this helpful