3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2017 12:29 PM by undermoose

Workload Switching Not Suppored on Vega?

tao1123

Hello,

I have Vega 56 graphics cards with Driver 17.11.2.  I have read that there is an option to switch between graphics and compute workloads in AMD Settings under Global Settings.  However, I do not see that option in my AMD settings. I was just curious if this is possibly not supported for AMD Vega cards?

• Re: Workload Switching Not Suppored on Vega?
          ray_m

This feature is handled automatically on RX Vega products, so these GPU's do not require the switch.

tao1123

If that is the case I am curious as to why my hash rate has dropped significantly using driver 17.11.2.  I noticed about a 20% decrease in hashrate when I moved from 17.30 to 17.11.  The only reason I switched is because the 17.30 driver is unstable for me running RX Vega 56.  Is there anyway to get back to the 17.30 hashrate?  I am also curious how it automatically knows to switch or if theres something I need to set up so it knows when to change?

undermoose

I have two Gigabyte VEGA64 and my Hash Rate is 35 percent of people running the Aug23 blockchain driver. I'm seeing 600+ H/s, and people are reporting close to 2k H/s. That's unacceptable if this hardware is supposed to automatically detect and switch to compute workload when mining.

I've been looking for the workload toggle, and this it the first report that it's handled automatically by VEGA. However, if this is the case I can confirm it hasn't been working. I've tried every version of the driver since 17.10.2 and no luck. Presently I'm running 17.11.4.

I wish AMD would fix this one!