6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 8:41 PM by funnybuddha

xg270hu DP Freesync issues

herkytp

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not remember what my LAST version driver was, maybe 7.9.2, since that was my last download in my download folder.  But that was a version of the driver that works.  I tried to upgrade drivers today and ran into an issue I had seen before, but was unsure the culprit until today.

So I am running an RX 480 with an Acer xg270hu connected via DP on the latest, 7.11.1.  There seems to be an issue with whenever freesync is enabled, that I get signal loss and the screen goes back, seemingly during graphic changes on the screen.  I had this issue in the past, but found a driver that worked well and just kept with it.  But today, I tried playing R6 Siege and it didn't like my driver so I updated and found that old Black Screen issue again.  I tried a different game, PUBG, and same issue.  Did some research online and saw someone post about having an issue with FreeSync enabled and sure enough, the game was fine after that, minus not having the ability to USE FreeSync, a main seller for me buying both this monitor and card.

I saw another post about Vega and they seemed to think this was maybe in the latest beta update but it didn't seem to get resolved for me.  I did try 7.11.2 but also had the same issue.

I don't feel there's any more legwork I can do.  The monitor does not support HDMI with FreeSync so that's not an option.  Any further help, escalating to engineers or anything of the sort, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• Re: xg270hu DP Freesync issues
          herkytp

A potential work around will be linked below.  I'll try it when I get home and reply again to say whether it works or not.  But please don't let this go, a work around is not a fix.  One driver seemed to work and now it's busted again, please look into that.  Thanks!

https://community.amd.com/message/2825315#comment-2825315

herkytp

This did NOT work.  The monitor seemed to kind of 'freak out' and gave weird distorted images.  Can I please get a response?  This worked FINE with an older driver, newer drivers seem to be causing the issues.  Thanks!

herkytp

Is it normal for an issue to not get addressed like this?  I'm going to keep bumping this.  I've done enough leg work where I'm not just asking for help.  This is an issue that seems to be well documented but no real driver fix has been issued.  Like I said before, this was not an issue with certain previous drivers, and is caused lately by newer ones. 

herkytp

Still not working.  I won't let this die.  Is there anyone out there that can look at this?  Drivers fixes, other potential fixes?

herkytp

Still not working, and no response from anyone.  Again, I'm not letting this die, can someone please look into this?  Give me something to do?  It's pretty disappointing, does AMD even have a presence on these forums?  I've seen plenty of issues relating to this, surely this is on your radar?  Are you ignoring the issue?  Not trying to be a pain, I just want a driver that works with Freesync. 

funnybuddha

Hey Herkytp!  I’m having this issue too with a different card, R9 390, but the same monitor. I suspect a driver issue as well with the monitor were using. Not sure why....Having said that I’ve been dealing with issue for some time. I’ve had SOME success with older drivers. Specifically, driver 17.4.  I just finished clean installing drivers for 10ish time.  Windows found my current driver of 17.7 and the issue remains.  Turning off Freesync fixes the issue as you mentioned but not ideal at all.

I suggest using and old driver...which sucks. But you can find them on AMD drivers support pages after selecting your video card. There should be a link on the right side of the page stating “Download previous drivers and software”.

I personally just turning Freesync off and hoping they resolve the issue. It’s been on going since March for me. If not I’ll just sell my AMD rig and join the Blue team.

I hope thats of some help,

funnybuddha