7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2017 9:22 PM by dan_e_boy

How do you get your question back to the top?

dan_e_boy

Hi, I have read the rules which state that you should "bump" your discussion/question rather than re-posting the same question over and over again.  I did not see anything that lets you know how to "bump" your discussion/question.  Can you let me know how?

Thanks

• Re: How do you get your question back to the top?
          johnt.lowe

Hi - any reply to the discussion/question, such as "bump" - should send it up.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dan_e_boy

Thanks for the reply John.  That is easy enough to do.  It seems like the first time I replied to my post to add additional information it did go to the top.  Ever since then, it doesn't seem to be going to the top anymore.  This is why I was asking.  Is there a waiting period of some sort before I see it there?  I just tried to "bump" again tonight so I'll see what happens.

johnt.lowe

I'm glad it worked initially... actually, I'm not sure of the limitations. Adding amdmatt for assistance.

amdmatt

It should bump the thread to the top as far as i know, at least in the support forum spaces. If it doesn't then perhaps someone else would need to post for it to go to the top again, which would make sense to discourage spam.

dan_e_boy

Ok, that makes sense from a "spam" point of view.  I tried to "bump" a reply to my original post yesterday and it never went back to the top. 

So then here is another question about the discussion I posted.  If no one else has replied to my post, and my replies no longer "bump" the discussion back to the top to get the most of everyone's attention, what do I do?  If there is no helpful information and answers (since no one has replied, no solutions etc...) only the description of the problems I was having, should I delete (if I can) this discussion and start a new one that has the most recent updated information of the problems I'm having?  Would that be violating the rules?

I feel like only recent posts will get the attention of the people that may be able to help since they are probably monitored often.  Now that my post has fallen behind, the only people who are likely to see it are the people doing a search for similar problems.  And since they have similar problems, they are less likely to be able to help me with mine.  Am I wrong?  I'm not annoyed or upset or anything, just trying to find some discussion about the problem I'm having with my AMD product.

amdmatt

Anyone that has responded to your post will get an update. If there is no update, perhaps no one has an answer or anything meaningful to post. If you want an answer from AMD directly, you should open up an eticket. I wouldn't start creating multiple threads on the same topic as the moderation team will start rejecting your posts.

I've responded to your thread so it should not have a bump.

2 of 2 people found this helpful