0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 9:21 PM by eren161

RX 480 HDMI port not working

eren161

The HDMI port on my RX 480 no longer detects input. I've had this GPU for well over a year now and have been running a dual monitor setup for 4 months or so now with one monitor connected HDMI to HDMI and the other connected Display Port to DVI. I had purchased the HDMI monitor used and as I continued to use it the monitor would flicker every now and then which I assumed to just be the monitors fault since it was older and would usually display again after I tapped it. However now the HDMI port does not work at all. I tried plugging my laptop into the same HDMI monitor and the monitor works fine, I tried switching cables and my desktop still doesn't display, and I even tried connecting my desktop to my TV through HDMI and it still doesn't display so I know the GPU's at fault here. I even tried adapting Display Port to HDMI and my desktop displays to the monitor but still flickers. I'm opting to just keep the monitor in question unplugged for a probably irrational fear that the monitor killed the HDMI port. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Specs:

GPU: Diamond RX 480 8gb

CPU: Intel i5-6600k

Motherboard: Gigabyte gaming-5-z170

RAM: 16gb corsair ddr4

PSU: 700w EVGA Bronze+