5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2017 2:34 AM by amdmatt

System freeze while installing Graphics card driver.

zombiecolo123

After realizing Relive drivers hurt performance. I decided to download and install an older driver and system freezes at 59%(I'm not sure because I can't remember exactly). I was waiting 1h and then use the POWER button to turn my laptop off. Then I boot up again and it stuck while loading the window. I tried to system restore and it doesn't work, and even reinstalling windows. I tried to use the driver that windows update give me, it was a catalyst driver, and I'm okay with that. After about 10 days, I'm tried to reinstall the crimson drivers on the internet (I used the correct driver ???) and "that thing" happened again. Luckily this time I can get to Safe mode and use DDU. Boot it up again and use the "Windows Update's Driver", and this time, I can't see the "AMD catalyst settings", I go to C:\Program Files\AMD , just 1 folder in it is "amdkmpfd" and 3 files in it. I've tried so many times just reinstall and "DDU". Someone help me please, this annoy me because I can't get to the "configure switchable graphics", just some of my games automatically run with the external card.

My specs:

Intel Core i5-4200U

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

4GB Ram (Is this necessary ?)

And sorry for my bad English.

Thank you.