9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 2:09 AM by tavi909

Sapphire AMD RX 480 fans issues/Complaint!

tavi909

Hello AMD users,

I bought a Sapphire GPU last year in October which lasted me for  around 4 months.

One of the fans died and the card was getting very hot during usage.

I had got my card replaced by the retailer from where I bought it and the card worked fine till now.

The right fan is making strange noise (like a card in bicycle spokes) and is quite annoying during game-play.

Decided to contact Sapphire directly and get new replacement fans instead of RMA my card to the retailer.

A video of the issue was send as well and sapphire response shocked me, I quote :

"Sorry that we cannot clearly hear the noise , according to this video , the behavior is normal.

Thanks."

Please find attached the clip in question (The noise can be heard from second 15 to 22).

I am not a video editor or anything to have professional audio/video recording devices but I believe the noise can be heard from the IPhone recording.

Will contact my retailer to see what they can do for me but I find Sapphire support to be extremely poor.

With the arrival of the new AMD Polaris GPUs , a year ago I decided to go from NVIDIA TO AMD, as I want to have some competition on the GPU market.

The AMD GPU is awesome, however I am disappointed with Sapphire....

Could you guys please let me know if you hear the noise in the attached video?

Best