1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 7:28 AM by amdmatt

Blank screen after installing drivers for R9 270 2GB has not happened before

cullen2412

I was using my gaming pc with the Msi Gaming R9 270 2gb like I always do and then it suddenly crashed and I turned it on thereafter.

Once I had turned it on, it wouldn't go past the windows loading screen with a blank image.I managed to get into Windows normally but after doing a system reset and deleting all files. I boot in safe mode and it works, but whenever I am in Normal Windows 10 and try to install amd drivers whilst it is installing it goes to a blank screen just like the Windows Login blank screen, so I came to the conclusion that it was the driver installing that caused the blank screen every time. I researched this problem on the internet and it came up with this forum: https://community.amd.com/thread/194634, I have attempted to use this forums guide on fixing the driver installation issue but they do not work so I am out of ideas. I therefore tried to use my gt 630 and it works, goes pass Windows login screen and install new drivers with no blank screen, but I cannot afford to buy a new Graphics Card right now and the gt 630 cannot run the majority of my games.