AnsweredAssumed Answered

Blank screen after installing drivers for R9 270 2GB has not happened before

Question asked by cullen2412 on Nov 10, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by amdmatt

I was using my gaming pc with the Msi Gaming R9 270 2gb like I always do and then it suddenly crashed and I turned it on thereafter.

Once I had turned it on, it wouldn't go past the windows loading screen with a blank image.I managed to get into Windows normally but after doing a system reset and deleting all files. I boot in safe mode and it works, but whenever I am in Normal Windows 10 and try to install amd drivers whilst it is installing it goes to a blank screen just like the Windows Login blank screen, so I came to the conclusion that it was the driver installing that caused the blank screen every time. I researched this problem on the internet and it came up with this forum: https://community.amd.com/thread/194634, I have attempted to use this forums guide on fixing the driver installation issue but they do not work so I am out of ideas. I therefore tried to use my gt 630 and it works, goes pass Windows login screen and install new drivers with no blank screen, but I cannot afford to buy a new Graphics Card right now and the gt 630 cannot run the majority of my games.

Outcomes