9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2018 8:54 AM by e-rock

Radeon Settings Conflict?

e-rock

Radeon Settings Conflicting with Logiteh Gaming Software.

I have tested this thoroughly and have come to the conclusion that If I have LGS installed, Wattman crashes apon system startup. OR LGS will crash at system startup and Wattman will work fine. 1 of them Always crashes every time I restart or reboot my PC.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit Version 1607. Radeon Software Version 17.10.1. Logitech Gaming software version 8.96.88  

Confirmed on 3 different PCs.

2 running AMD FX 8350 CPUs.

1 with Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard with an ATI R9 280x

1 with an ASUS Crosshair v formula-z 990fx motherboard with an ATI R9 290x

1 running an old Intel Q6600 quad core in an Dell XPS 420 with an ATI 7870

All 3 are running Win 10 64 bit and all 3 are doing the exact same thing.

I would like to use the software for my rather expensive Keyboard and Mouse and be able to adjust the fan speeds on the video cards. Especially the 290x Reference card as it likes to run a bit on the hot side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Re: Radeon Settings Conflict?
          e-rock

I've been trying to figure out a solution for this Since the 1st Crimson Edition was released over a year ago when I 1st encountered this problem.

I have LGS set to disabled at startup and manually start it after my systems fully boot. It's a pain in the (you know what) but that's the only thing that seems to work.

amdmatt

Thanks for the post. Please update Windows to the latest build (1709) and test Crimson 17.11.1.

e-rock

I refuse to update to 1709 Creators Update Again untill it's ready for (Current Branch for Business). I had it installed and it was very very unstable while gaming. Anyway the problem I'm having started long before the Creator's Update. Actually it started with the introduction of AMD Crimson edition.

Is there any way to Just install JUST the AMD Driver without all of the extra BS? I can use another program to control fan speeds.

amdmatt

You can use a newer Crimson driver with an older build of Windows, but issues might occur as we only test issues on the latest build.

Try disabling Fast Boot as an alternative suggestion and see if the same issue occurs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          e-rock

I tried that 6 or 7 months ago and they both loaded some times. 50/50 whether it loaded everything correctly.  I will try that again. and post an update.

Also had LGS set to delayed start and that did allow Wattman to load but I had to manually start LGS. 

In event viewer I get this error every time the PC is restarted.

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated.  This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Looks like I may indeed have some corrupt driver issues atleast on this machine even though I JUST ran my favorite uninstall utility and did a manual cleanup of both LGS and AMD drivers a couple days ago.

I'm attempting to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  and  sfc /scannow  As per recommendation from Micro"suck"soft for this error.

Will update status of my findings in a couple minutes.

Thank you again.

e-rock

I think I actually fixed it?  lol 

After disabling Fast Boot as you suggested and uninstalling LGS and running the 2 things Microsoft recommended and installing a slightly older version of LGS Everything seems to be running really good.

This took a while but I Uninstalled LGS and manually deleted all files and registry entries related to Logitech in Safe mode and downloaded a older version of LGS and installed it. My Saved profiles and Macros are working for both the keyboard and mouse and ARX control actually connected to my phone for once.

AMD Wattman loaded up and my fan and power settings stayed where I had them set.

Just checked Event Viewer and those driver errors are gone. Still have a couple errors but those are related to some of the registry tweaks I have in place for WinTracking and Telemetry and Disabling Cortana,Defender and a few other things.

I think I'm good to go. 

Thank You!

e-rock

You had me thinking when you said Note: "we only test issues on the latest build"

I am running the latest Windows build But for Business Branch which is still 1607.  Eventually 1709 is not ready for Business Branch deployment yet or I would have it installed.  1607 still updates with the security updates and such.

Maybe AMD should also test drivers and software for Current Business Branch also?  Or have dedicated standalone versions for Business Branch. I'm sure that I am not the only person running Business Branch.

Thank you very very much for your help. I have been fighting with this for over a year.

Eric

e-rock

Update: After repeating the process on all 3 machines and 2 days later and multiple system restarts on all 3 machines.

Still working perfect.

Steps taken to resolve this issue is as follows.

#1  Disable Fast Boot

#2  From an Elevated Command prompt run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

#3  sfc /scannow

scannow did the final system scan. This may be unnecessary but I thought it was a good idea.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                          e-rock

Update:

I had to bite the bullet and update to 1709.

I installed it yesterday on my 3 machines and updated to the newest AMD drivers and re-enabled Fast Boot.  Everything is working fine so far. 1709 is Definitely slower and more cluttered than 1607.  My problem was definitely related to running (Current Branch for Business)

This Should Not have been an issue in the 1st place. In fact all branches should be tested rite alone side of the current targeted branch. What about all of the other people that are running 1507,1511,1607 and 1703 (Which are All Active Current Branches)? They are bound to have similar compatibility issues that I had.

Here is a list of active and current update status for Win 10 branches.

Windows 10 release information - current branch, build history

Hope this gets forwarded to where it needs to be and is carefully looked into.

Thanks a bunch

Eric