1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 9:16 AM by elstaci

Code 43 Driver Update

knemon

Hi, I have been getting a Code 43 error every time I try to update my driver since the 17.2.1 version. I previously would roll back my driver when I got the Code 43 Error. Recently I did a clean uninstall using DDU and tried to install the newest driver, but I still got the error and now I cannot roll back the driver. When I try to reinstall the previous driver that did not generate the Code 43, I get the message "Error 182 - AMD Installer cannot properly identify the AMD graphics hardware." I have tried wiping all traces of AMD software using DDU, deleting everything in C:\AMD, uninstalling all AMD software in the Control Panel, and I still cannot get a working driver. Please advise.

Specs:

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290 Double Dissipation

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460

Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA 1150

PSU: Corsair CXM 750W

RAM: 8GB

Monitor: Acer 1920x1080 60Hz

• Re: Code 43 Driver Update
          elstaci

Just for the hell of it, run SFC /Scannow to be sure your Windows OS is not corrupted or missing any important windows files. Also make sure Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update. Do you have the latest version of Windows 1709 or earlier version?

Try reseating your GPU card on your motherboard. What does Device Manager show under Display Driver?

1 of 1 people found this helpful