- AMD Processore Ryzen 7 1700 (Zen) 8 Core 3 GHz Socket AM4
- ASUS Motherboard PRIME X370-PRO Socket AM4 Chipset X370 ATX
- 2 x KINGSTON Memoria Dimm HyperX FURY 16 GB (1x16 GB) DDR4 2133 MHz CL 14 ( cod. HX421C14FR/16 )
- Graphic card ATI Radeon 4350
- 8 x SATAIII disks
- BE QUIET Power supply 700 Watt Pure Power 10 ( 80 Plus Silver )
- OS : Ubuntu 17.04 server
description of the problem
System works fine when powered on but when I reboot or either power off / on the machine hangs at the bios boot screen ( that with logo and F2 to enter setup ) and this happens sometime not every time ( randomly ). When it hang keyboard not work (ctrl+alt+canc not work) and to restart the system I need to power off and power on again or reset.
This is really a problem for example when I need to reboot the server from a remote station. I tried to update bios at the latest 1001 version but that not helped, tried to reset CMOS and loaded bios default settings, nothing changed it hangs sometime after a reboot or a power-on.
Though I did not find an exact way to reproduce the problem I can easily reproduce by rebooting more times during hours ( sometime it restart correctly, sometime it hangs ).
Is there a well known solution to this problem ? and if so there will be some expected BIOS update in near future ?
I would like to use this cpu for the provided performance but I need also realiability and I can't suppose that the server hangs after a reboot so in the meanwhile I'm forced to downgrade the CPU to an A12 9800 hoping the problem doesn't occurs anymore.