3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 7:32 AM by amdmatt

Why does Call of Duty WW2 require 17.7.2 or later ?

faqu

Why Call of Duty is not working properly on 17.7.1 ? I mean , yeah , i've seen the message at the start of the game that i need 17.7.2 or later , but 17.7.2 and later drivers are crappy , and i don't want to use them . Is there any way i can make the new Call of Duty to run properly on 17.7.1 ? (at the moment the game is crashing while using 17.7.1 - game crash , not driver crash)

PC Specs:

i7 6700

16GB DDR4

RX 480 8GB

Win 10 Pro (fall creators update)

The reason why i don't wanna use newer drivers than 17.7.1 is because i had bad experience with them . Here is my experience with the newer drivers:

17.7.2 - added random crashes/hangs in Overwatch

17.8.2 - added bugs in The Witcher 3 while using HBAO+ (When HBAO + is turned on , black bars are visible on the objects in the cutscenes)

17.10.1 - added random crashes in Rise of the Tomb Raider ("A problem has occurred with your display driver")

17.10.2 - added random crashes in GTA V and Rainbow Six Siege ; texture glitches in Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 ; and also made Rise of the Tomb Raider to crash even more often than before

17.10.3 - added random crashes to all of my games

17.11.1 - added random BSODs "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" (doesn't matter if you are gaming , or using the browser , it simply happens random)

- no more crashes to all of my games , but i'm still experiencing issues with most of them (Overwatch , ROTTR , GTA V , Rainbow Six Siege , Wolfenstein II The New Colossus)

---->This is a really nice driver improvement over time . *FineWine* Kappa

And nope , i'm not the only one with these problems . I've seen many people on this forum that have the same problems as me .

Using the latest stable driver (17.7.1) fixes all the issues , so i'm 100% sure that the new drivers are faulty .

Can you give me some help , AMD ?