4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 10:42 AM by beliyvoron116

Need for Speed Underground 2 graphical issue

nezarn

PC (desktop):

PSU: FSP Raider 650W 80+

MB: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H (bios version: F6)

CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5GHZ (3.9 turbo)

RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CML8GX3M2A1600C9

Display: 29" LG 29UM68-P 2560x1080@75hz, using Display Port

Graphics card: Sapphire RX480 8GB GDDR5 NITRO+ 11260-07-20G

Driver version: 17.9.3

In Need for Speed Underground 2 (using latest, 1.02 patch) the crowd has incorrect color (and in certain camera angles before the race starts, the road is white)

UAUaEmd.png

BP3n0ls.png

This game uses D3D9.

How to reproduce: run the game and start a race. (always happens, graphical settings doesn't matter)

If I use a D3D -> OpenGL wrapper(WineD3D For Windows - Federico Dossena ), issue doesn't happen. (but of course this isn't optimal, game is slower with this)

• Re: Need for Speed Underground 2 graphical issue
          ray_m

Please use the OpenGl wrapper method suggested above since it allows you to play the game.

nezarn

Interestingly enough, current Nvidia cards work just fine.

Current drivers are so optimized for DX11/DX12/Vulkan, that in Vulkan, primitive restart is broken on every RX4xx, RX5xx, Vega card (and according to some programmers, its a possibility that its broken hardware wise) xD (and you guys doesn't seem to care)

Also I would gladly use OpenGL wrapper, if drivers wouldn't be so bad, that even an RX480 performs like a very old card. (slow opengl issues have been already reported a very long time ago, its still slow)

Oh and also OpenGL drivers are broken as hell, in apps that would really use OpenGL lots of things either need to be disabled featurewise, or need a workaround so it won't crash the broken driver and\or cause even more slowdown.

If AMD is serious with this answer, then this was my first and last AMD GPU, I'm so disappointed, I thought AMD is a better company after I got pretty much screwed over with GTX970 that was really broken (if a game hit 3.5GB vram it would crash the driver), and I was in the mindset that an AMD card would be good for long term...

beliyvoron116

I had the hd7850 playing this game around in 2016, it was all right. directx 11-12 has already been. The time has passed and I have now R7370 and faced exactly the same problem. Problems in your drivers. Excuses in the form of an old game for some reason for intel are not significant and on their map I'm working fine.

I would like a patch for this game.

PS I'm from Russia transcription google