5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 10:14 AM by amdmatt

Radeon RX 460 constant stuttering and hesitating; FPS is good

figpucker

Hello,

I have a very irritating issue, that I suspect is caused by the Graphics card. I just did a new build about 2 weeks ago:

Intel i5-7600k overclocked to 4.5

Hyper evo 212 cooling tower

Radeon Rx460 not overclocking

16GB DDR4 2400mhz Corsair ram

Asus Z270P motherboard

250GB SATA SSD

Thermaltake view31 case

Also, for reference, I am using Asus GPUTweakII to control my Graphics card. For some reason whenever I turn on the computer out of a shutdown, it says something like "Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored". I feel like this has something to do with it.

Obviously, this is a build that should have no hesitation, unfortunately there is. I have tried completely removing the overclocking on the GPU, no change.

I have two primary Games, CsGo and Microsoft FSX. After a fresh boot, everything runs fine. But after maybe 15-30 mins or so, I start getting constant hesitation, stuttering. In CSGo, I also have flickering windows(glitchy) and in FSX flickering buildings. I have no idea what is causing this and I’m pretty sure it’s a video card issue. If it’s not a video card issue then it must be a hardware issue. Also, I recently applied new thermal paste to my GPU and my graphics card does have dual fan. I’m not sure what to do here, thanks

Update:

Awhile ago(maybe playing two weeks), I was playing CsGo and the GPUTweakII had an issue in which it didnt turn on the fans for some reason. The GPU hit around 90C, and the screen became glitchy. Luckily, I shut down the computer, rebooted, and maxed the fans, and the screen was fine. After this, the problem of stuttering became much more noticable. I'm afraid that my card is damaged, but I have no way of knowing.

For reference:

My FPS is fine, CsGo runs around 60 FPS usually, which is great. However, the stuttering ruins the experience.

Also:

In FSX, during the start of the Takeoff Roll, I slowly increase the throttles. Very often in this time as other times, the stuttering occurs. However, it is also the sound that stutters too.

Please help, this is very frustrating !!!