10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 4:43 PM by ragehu

RX 460 Crashing In Games - 17.11.1 - Win 10

pepe.sifu

this driver  17.11.1 is the same of 17.10.2/3 when i try open Shadow Of War,Wolfenstein II The New Colossus,DOOM and more games, my pc always reset, i dont know what happen with amd, i post my troubles in this forum for "Technical Support Engineer" here can to scale my troubles to developers of amd driver, but in this case the troubles are again here with the last driver, is the same with the drivers 17.10.2/3, I do not know ,what I'm going to do, but i need help!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: driver 17.11.1 is the same of 17.10.2/3 ALWAYS RESET MY PC!
            pepe.sifu

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
              • AMD XFX RX 460 4G SINGLE FLAN
            • Desktop or Laptop System
              • Desktop
            • Operating System
              • Windows 10 64bit Version: 1709 Build: 16299.19
            • Driver version installed
              • AMD Radeon Software Crimson Relive 17.11.1
            • Display Devices
              • Samsung TV 40” UN40EH6030FXZX 1920X1080 @60Hz connected via HDMI
            • Motherboard: + Bios Revision
              • Asus M5A78L-MLX3  Bios: 16Mb Flash ROM,AMI BIOS,PnP,DMI V2.0,WfM2.0,ACPI V2.0a SM BIOS 2.7
            • CPU/APU
              • FX 6350
            • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
              • Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold 750w
            • RAM
              • 12GB

Describe your issue:

I have same troubles with drivers 17.10.2/3 my pc always reset when i try open Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™,Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus,Assassin's Creed® Origins,DOOM and random crash(windows sometimes reset) with random screen color(pink,green,blue,etc), i need help!

qwixt

If you try running games, and the PC shuts down, then you have a hardware issue. Most likely heat or PSU going bad. If you are overclocking at all, then I suggest going back to stock clocks. A bad overclock can cause freezing or restarts.

I suggest looking in the event log for critical errors  and such.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
              ragehu

I have the same problem

Almost every game resets my PC immidiately when I start then in full screen mode

I have to set them to windowed or borderless windowed mode to start.

I have three games (Forza Horizon 3, Evil Within 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 - these games are working in full screen, too I don't know why

But every other games (including Wolfenstein II) resets my PC. There are no any entries in system logs.

Solution: I set back to the lates official driver (17.7.2) Every game starts in full screen normally again. So it is not a hardware issue

Wolfenstein II works with this driver if you would like to play this one.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  pepe.sifu

yes i try say the same, but some people here tell me is a trouble of my pc, is obvious a trouble of the driver, but i dont know, if amd dont fix this , maybe i will never update the driver again and i will need sale my videocard .

• Re: Crimson 17.11.1 Causes Driver Crash/PC Reset In Games
                    soupcans

Same exact problem here. I have an RX 560, running stock, crashes on fullscreen in some games. Running windowed seems to prevent crashes.

I've disabled windows game bar from fall creators update too, and disabled Relive.

Forza 7 DX12 does NOT crash in fullscreen. Runs pretty much perfectly(Even at maxed out settings lol), except for long load times. DOOM vulkan does not crash in fullscreen either(ultra settings!) and runs perfectly.

I get fullscreen black screen crashes, TDR and/or "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" in most games like Dark souls 3. Didn't have any problems with dark souls 3 with 17.7.2 drivers playing on med-high settings for over 100 hours. 

Event viewer does say this for either radeonsettings.exe or the game sometimes:

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1681, time stamp: 0x59fb698e

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x493793ea

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f87bb

Faulting process id: 0x2358

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3574a11397cc9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

--------------

- I have DDU uninstalled the drivers. Clean reinstalled 17.11.1

- sfc /scannow, DISM, and chkdsk found nothing wrong.

• Re: RX 460 Crashing In Games - 17.11.1 - Win 10
                    chaz_uk93

Negative. I'm running the latest windows update KB4048955, tried 17.11.1 and it instantly crashed in-game (rainbow six siege). It's worse that it was.

running an RX 480.

• Re: RX 460 Crashing In Games - 17.11.1 - Win 10
                      ragehu

Good news:

Games are running without any resets in fullscreen again.