2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 9:32 AM by koschwarz

Is there any option in Control Center of "Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1 Optional" configuring color depth of HDMI connected flat screen?

koschwarz
      • AMD Graphics Card: AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 1 GB
      • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed: Catalyst 15.7.1
      • Display Devices
        • ViewSonic VE710b, 1280x1024 @60Hz (75Hz), DVI adapter
        • Panasonic Viera TX-P42S30E, 1920x1080@60Hz, HDMI adapter

I have had this problem for a long long time actually, but it wasn't much of an issue until now. Now i try to play Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus but it doesn't even want to start. One of the recommended solution is upgrading the video card drivers, which i did.

I have these 2 displays (mirrored i think: what i can do this way, for example i can grab a media player in the ViewSonic and pull it over to the Panasonic flat TV). In order to have both of them work simultaneously i have to do 2 things in Catalyst 15.7.1 Control Center:

1. First, I have to set the refresh rate of the ViewSonic to 60Hz manually (since after installing the driver, it sets it to 75Hz by default).

2. Second, I have to set the color depth of the Panasonic (flat TV) from the default 10 bpc to 8 bpc.

Without the first step when i connect the HDMI cable of the flat TV to the video card, both of the displays go dark (the ViewSonic is already connected via DVI of course). After the first step, i can see what is on the ViewSonic screen so i can configure the color depth of the flat TV in the Control Center, and i can connect the HDMI so the video card can detect the flat TV. In order to "mirror" the ViewSonic screen to the flat TV, i have to set the color depth to 8 bpc (from the default 10). Let me tell you, i don't even know why it is the color depth i have to configure, but i found it the only way to see on the flat TV screen what i can see on the monitor screen.

Now installing the latest driver (Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1 Optional), i can't do any of this. Though i can set the ViewSonic refresh rate to 60Hz in the Windows device manager (i couldn't even find this option in Crimson 17.11.1 Control Center or whatever it is called in this version), after connecting the HDMI cable both screens go (remain) dark so i have no chance to configure the color depth. I don't even know if the flat TV is detected at all (because i can't see anything).

I re-installed the last known as working driver (Catalyst 15.7.1) for now, because it is more important for me to have 2 screens than playing a game, but i can see it is going to be a problem in the future.

So is there a way i can set both of my screens in the latest driver like before? Any help is appreciated.