2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 9:26 AM by saadlp5

Cant Change Brightness On One Driver/No Amd graphics driver installed on another

saadlp5

Hi,

I own a Lenovo G500 laptop with the folowing two graphics drivers-

1. Intel Mobile Graphics Driver 4000

2. AMD Radeon HD 8750M

I think other hardware info is irrelevant but I'll tell it if you need to.

A few days ago, Twitch was really laggy on my laptop. So,I uninstalled current AMD graphics driver and restarted my PC. Using AMD Radeon Settings, I downloaded a recommended update. After restarting, device manager showed the driver as- AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000. Though the twitch lag stopped, I lost control of brightness settings. The button became unclickable.

Then, I right clicked this driver in device manager and updated it back to AMD Radeon HD 8750m. Now, I had control of brightness settings again, and there was no Twitch lag.However, trying to open AMD Radeon settings showed this error

"No AMD Graphics driver is installed, ot the AMD Driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD Driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

AMD Radeon settings is accessible on AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 driver. Earlier when I had catalyst control center, there was an option called 'configure switchable graphics'. Now that option is completely gone.

If I add dxdiag to high performance in AMD Radeon settings under AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000, it still showed my gpu as Intel Mobile graphics driver. Is my AMD getting used?

I want the optimal driver for my PC, with both brightness control as well as AMD Radeon settings control. Please Help.

I have tried reinstalling AMD Radeon Center, and graphics drivers many times.