4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2017 6:22 AM by benman2785

3dmark 0 score in firestrike

islandsnow

Hello,

just built my 2nd ryzen 1800x with rx vega 64,  and just loaded the 17.3.x  ?  forgot the exact latest revision, but it's whatever is the latest crimson driver.   After loading it in windows 64,  my score is now 0 on fire strike extreme.    It ran on my first ryzen computer giving me decent scores.     I tried running time spy,  black screen with a white screen in the top left corner,   is this a driver issue,  or a faulty video card?    I will try some more games tonight,  i just finished loading everything yesterday and didn't have these kinds of problems on my first build.   No blue screen or anything.   Will compare tonight with my first build as that one is running all benchmarks.   3dmark will come up sometimes saying it can't find a video card that supports our tests or something like that.   After i downloaded windows 10 updates with direct x 12,  then it allowed me to download all tests, but now they don't run  like they should.   oh  the black screen timespy,  came up with a score of 7052 or something which was pretty high.  Firestrike came up with 0 score.   My first computer is the same except it has a xfx rx vega 64.   Stock speeds,  memory using xmp profile 1 to set at oc 3200 which has been running stable on my first computer.    Windows itself seems stable and is able to boot and launch programs.   I get a white box sometimes out of the blue in windows that says something about an opengl error.  so i think it's something to do with drivers or video card. 

Windows 10 home 64bit

gigabyte gaming 5

gigabyte rx vega 64

trident z 3200mhz at 4x16gb cl14

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

• Re: 3dmark 0 score in firestrike
          benman2785

check firestrike log for errors - usually it will be an error

ps 3dmark needs an update for Win10 FCU

islandsnow

Thanks Benman2785,

will def check the logs for errors.   I d/l 3dmark from steam,  will check for 3dmark creators update thanks!   Will try these and let you all know.

-Mark

islandsnow

Hello Benman2785,

finally got it to work,  it was the driver thank goodness.   Downloaded the 17.11.1 driver and that seemed to do it.   I did have creators update, and so reloaded all of my 3dmark with all the updates from steam as well.   No more opengl errors that pop up.  Good thing though, didn't want to mess with RMA'ing that vega 64 card.

Well i had a lot of issues with this new gigabyte gaming 5 mobo in the last week, so let me explain some of them.  Might help some other people.   There is like one official 3200mhz tridentz cl14 memory thats dual sided  8gb per side that was on the QVL list that supports 64gb.   It is something like F4-3200C14D-GTZ,   there a a lot of variants from gskill like GTZKW  (kw) black white color scheme).  My first computer (gigabyte gaming 5) worked with the F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (sw grey/white color) bought 2 2x16gb kits to make 64gb and it's rock solid stable.   This 2nd mobo i tried was the asrock killer sli/ac  couldn't get the memory above 2933mhz so i got a gigabyte gaming k5 which i thought was similar to the gaming 5, nope just couldn't get it stable no matter what i did.  The gaming 5 has some digital voltage regulator that seems to work with double sided ddr sticks,  most single sides seem to work fine in lower motherboards like if you got 3200mhz single side 4x8gb sticks it might work fine right out of the box on say the gigabyte k5.   But anyways,  the GTZSW kits were all sold out so i bought  2 2x16gb kits of tridentz F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW  which should be the exact same thing as the recommended.  The specs for GTZKW and GTZ are the same,  the GTZ is just black red default colors.

Anyways built it last tuesday, was getting crazy instability,  black screens,  endless windows dot loops,  reloaded the system 3 times.   Tried various memory setups like 2 dims in 1&3,  or just 2&4 for channel a,  channel b only.    tried one set (2 dimms)  in both slots, then the 2nd set to see if i had a bad dimm.   Ran that thaiphoon memory thing on them and it seemed to read the data off them fine, so i started suspecting something else.   I noticed my cpu i guess after 3 mobo installations the arctic silver was maybe a bit thinner on the 3rd install and noticed temps unusually high in the 50c range.  I took it apart and added more thermal paste,  and temps went back down 20's-30's.    But noticed computer was more stable.   I'm still testing now, but overall no issues now with any games, or 3dmark,  or cpu-z.   I still attribute the 3dmark not working from the video driver though.  But other stability issues seem to be gone now as well.

So for those looking to OC their memory with what they call dual rank or double sided memory,  look for mobo's with digital voltage regulators or something like that,  you will see those mobos that have it have a larger range of memory types supported in their qvl lists.   Anyways,  hope this helps anyone else with a gigabyte gaming 5 with 64gb memory.

Anyways thanks Benman2785,  led me down the right path to debug this one.

-Mark