3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2017 8:27 AM by samsemilia

RX480 heavy fps drops in seconds in Destiny2

samsemilia

Hi together, sorry for some bad english.

My specs:

• Asus RX480 8GB
      • Desktop / Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver 17.10.3 (same problem with previous driver)
      • MB Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Bios 3501
      • CPU i5 6600k
      • Power Supply Enermax 730W Gold+
      • RAM 16GB

If I start Destiny 2, the game runs Smooth in the first 3-5 minutes, then it starts to lagg heavy.

Every 2 sec it's an up and down between smooth and laggy.

In the WattMan Screenshot below you can see the up and down rly good.

Absolutely wayne what graphic settings ingame are used, tried from min up to max.

Happens in every situation, in full action, standing still, have opened only a vendor window, beeing in ingame settings menue.

Driver is complete standard settings and got a complete fresh install with a previous complete deinstall with amd deinstaller.

No overclock in my system.

No third party programs.

My CPU never run higher then 50-60%.

All temps are in best position.

amd.jpg

But I experienced since 17.+ driver version a lot of problems like... I use 2 Screens, one for gaming, the other to do other things and everytime my game has a loadscreen in any game, the other monitor application is stuttering, ex. youtube videos are stopping and only the sound still runs.

Some other games have similiar problems like destiny, but only very rare for only a sec.

Have the card since ~4months, no rly fps problems since them, until now.

• Re: RX480 heavy fps drops in seconds in Destiny2
          infectedshogun

try increasing your fan curve as this game takes my rx480s into the 90s after 5 min of gameplay unless I set the fan manually to 50% or higher.

also personally I'm getting way better results using 17.10.1 even tho the other drivers "added support for destiny 2"

• Re: RX480 heavy fps drops in seconds in Destiny2
            samsemilia

For me there is now the end solution - after 20 years fan of amd and ati, its time to finish it. 2 years ago I have allready switched from amd cpu to intel cause of the better performance.

Now a friend has brought me an gtx1060 only to test, and see there... everything runs smooth as it should.

My heart bleeds for this solution, but in the last years I got more and more problems with amd graphics (driver problems,heating problems, performance problems where none should be, and many more) and the support is not that good, only all time the standard "solutions", its since years the same... new card - new problems.

And now after 20 years of many buyed amd/ati products, a lot fights for pro-amd in socials medias, websites and forums,  I have ordered my first nvidia and turn my back to amd.