shadov

R9 270X Win 10 - Black Screen

Discussion created by shadov on Nov 1, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2018 by skullkiddanzen
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB
  • Desktop
  • Operation system: Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed: Currently None.
  • Primary screen: Acer XF240H 144hz. Second screen: Asus VN247H 60hz.
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P - AM3+
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 14 MV - Socket AM3+
  • Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Sadly i can't say what Radeon software version i was running. But im pretty sure i was having the one before 17.10.3 .

So i was playing some Counter Strike the other day when i suddenly started to realise the screen was stuttering. I have never had any problems before. Then after a couple of minutes both of my screens went completely black. My keyboard, mouse and computer was still up and running like usual but the picture wasn't. After a couple of minutes of waiting i force restarted my computer. The windows logo was loading but after that everything went completely black. And there was no picture in my main monitor, only my second.

So after hours of researching i figured that i could boot up my windows in Safe mode but as mentioned before only my second screen is working. After some more research i figured that i could uninstall/deactivate my current graphic card drivers and restart my computer normally. Then i started to try and reinstall my drivers both with new drivers and old. But everytime the setup was just about to be completed my screen turns black again.. And i have to redo everything again.

So here i am without AMD Drivers and trying to figure out what to do. Is my graphics card done? Please help, i can't play any games with Windows drivers.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes