1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 10:16 PM by goodplay

Laptop not always using dedicated graphics for gaming (using integrated graphics instead)

hacs

Basically, I've noticed after a software update from radeon 16 to 17; my laptop has been using integrated graphics instead of my dedicated (r7 m440) for gaming. I get much lower frame rates and I was able to confirm this theory by viewing the stats on MSI afterburner.

For example, GTA 5, Just cause 2 work perfectly fine. But after an update, DOOM stopped using my dedicated graphics as well as ravenfield (worked before) and Zombie Army Triology 3.

If you have any steps that I could take to improve my problem it would be greatly appreciated

I've tried many things such as reinstalling the drivers and even reinstalling windows. But nothing

*yes I do have a hybrid graphic settings in the radeon settings control pannel but I've set all the game profiles to max performance. Nothing works

My laptop:

Dell 15 i5567

core i7-7500

16 gm RAM

R7 m440 (It is supposed to be m445 but the update switched that too, maybe this is the problem)

AMD 17.10.2

r.PNG