2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 8:11 AM by black_zion

Noob trying to build a budget gaming build

xxsouldust3rzxx

Hi guys I'm quite new to building a pic and which parts to use I was thinking a pic for Christmas, but want to get the pic ready for Christmas Day I was wondering what parts to use, I only have a £500 budget AT MOST so I can't go overkill with Rzen 1700x and a water cooling loop, but want something cheap ish that will let me play games like rainbow six siege and destiny 2 at 60'fps or higher thanks

• Re: Noob trying to build a budget gaming build
          black_zion

You have two problems. One is that the UK pays heavily for electronics. The second problem you are going to have is the GPU, which prices are still inflated on heavily thanks to cryptominers, so £500 for a whole system will not get you something you can game on. Here's what I'd suggest (prices from Scan.co.uk)

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X with Wraith Spire Cooler - £163.99

ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS - £85.99

RAM of your choice picked from the motherboard's QVL list rated for 3000mhz or higher - £125-£200

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition OC 8GB - £297.98

Corsair Carbide Series 88R Windowed MicroATX/MiniITX Computer Chassis - £37.99

Corsair CS750M 750w PSU - £79.99

Subtotal - £790.94 - £865.94

Note that that doesn't include a monitor, drives, or Windows, which I assume you will be using from your existing PC.

1 of 1 people found this helpful