24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2017 3:49 AM by locodicegr

RX 480 Random Crashes 17.10.3/17.11.1 Win 10 FCU

faqu

Today i decided to try 17.10.3 again , and i gotta say that this driver isn't crashing only Overwatch , GTA V , ROTTR and Rainbow Six Siege ; this driver is crashing all of my games (CoD IW , Battlefield 1 , Wolfenstein II The New Colossus , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7 , The Witcher 3 , Rocket League , etc.) . For now i think i'll use 17.7.1 , because every driver since 17.7.2 was bad.

Here i will let you guys to see my experience with AMD's drivers :

17.7.2 - added random crashes/hangs in Overwatch

17.8.2 - added bugs in The Witcher 3 while using HBAO+ (When HBAO + is turned on , black bars are visible on the objects in the cutscenes)

17.10.1 - added random crashes in Rise of the Tomb Raider ("A problem has occurred with your display driver")

17.10.2 - added random crashes in GTA V and Rainbow Six Siege ; texture glitches in Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 ; and also made Rise of the Tomb Raider to crash even more often than before

17.10.3 - added random crashes to all of my games

*UPDATE*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17.11.1 - added random BSODs "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" (doesn't matter if you are gaming , or using the browser , it simply happens random)

- random crashes/hangs to all of my games are still there , but they are not happening as often as before

- The Witcher 3 HBAO+ bug is still there ; random crashes in Overwatch , ROTTR , Rainbow Six Siege and GTA V are still there ; texture glitches in FH3 and FM7 are still there

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a really nice driver improvement over time . *FineWine* Kappa

PC Specs:

i7 6700 3.40GHz

16GB DDR4 2133MHz

RX 480 8GB

Windows 10 Pro (Build 16299)

Please AMD , try to fix your drivers ! It's been 4 months since you started to deliver crappy drivers , and yet you don't seem to care about all the negative feedback received from your community , fact that is making me to think about selling my RX 480 , not because the product is bad , but because the support is bad .