2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 9:33 PM by ark07

Destiny 2 Crash 17.10.3 RX Vega

ark07

To whom it may concern

Dxdiag attached

System specs will be at the bottom, the games frame rate changes rapidly when browsing in game menu's. I have set my freesync amd frame rate target control @73fps as the max for my freesync range is 75hz. The game will go to the 73fps to 85fps and after some time something goes wrong and the game starts to become unstable until and it no long maintans the set frame rate. The in game fps marker will read 80fps - 85fps while the game lags until eventually crashing.

Today I manually set the max fps to 75 today in the games ini file file via this guide, https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/how-to-limit-your-frame-rate-in-destiny-2/

It seems to have helped a little bit but the game goes through the same process eventually things become unstable to the point the game is unplayable and will eventually crash until i restart the game. I have the latest amd drivers that fixed the crash on nessus. However I would like to note that the previous driver seemed to last longer before the same issues occured.

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.50GHz    29 °C

Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB DDR4 Ram @ 1600MHz (16-18-18-38)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-Gaming 7 (U3E1)    28 °C

Graphics

BenQ XL2720Z (1920x1080@144Hz)

LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@75Hz)

8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (ATI)    30 °C

Storage

232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)    30 °C

1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 (SATA)    30 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Logitech G933 Gaming Headset

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: destiny 2 crashing
          elstaci

The issue you posted does seem to be driver related. But Destiny 2 is a game that is very new and also is incompatible with many third party software. This link is from Bungie that explains the type of 3rd party programs that are either incompatible or blocked from being used by Destiny 2: Help: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility | Bungie.net .

Just in case you are running a 3rd party program like MSI Afterburner, here is what the link above partially shows

Overlays

Some features from third-party applications which rely on the use of screen overlays are generally not compatible with Destiny 2. The following are examples of features which may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC.

Voice Communications

“Who’s talking” and visual notification features, such as those provided by Discord or Mumble, are not compatible with Destiny 2. Notification features may still be provided through the third-party application.

Hardware Monitoring

Framerate and statistics overlays, such as those provided by EVGA Precision XOC, MSi Afterburner, and Fraps, are not compatible with Destiny 2.
            • Re: destiny 2 crashing
              ark07

Im aware of the third party appilcations issue, this has to be partially or fully driver related as I rolled back to 17.10.2 and I crash far less then 17.10.3. Yes I cant go to nessus but I can deal with that for now.

I dont use prgrams to monitor my fps expect the ingame fps counter.