3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 4:15 PM by red5

Mr. Mojo Ryzen

red5

My first new build for myself using all new parts in about 5 or 6 years.  Originally had a Vega 64 for this, but the Radeon software had all kinds of problems when I installed the card in my old system, and still does with a different Radeon card installed. I was pretty upset and went with the 1080 instead.
      The Sea Hawk 1080 EK X comes with a factory EK water block.  I am colling it with an Enermax NEOChanger 300 mL model.  I'm using a Swiftech 240mm rad and a 120mm rad from an unkown AIO setup I had lying around. Tubing is Primochill and connectors are Bitspower.  I replaced the Cullinan fans with 6 Thermaltake Riing fans. Also painted the case starting with Krylon white primer, then moving to Krylon metallic silver, and finishing with Krylon 'Hammered'. I made a custom VRM heatsink for the chips north of the cpu socket. These weren't covered from the factory. I ordered some straight flat copper bar and angle aluminum online and joined them with Arctic Silver thermal adhesive and mounted them to the chips with the same. It definitely pulls the heat off those VRMs.  I also added 2 red LED strips to the top of the case and installed a toggle switch into the bottom front of the case right under my H110i radiator. The GPU radiators I chose to mount outside the case just to do something different, and to kind of give it a bit of a steampunk feel

Specifications

CPURyzen 5 1600 @3.92 Ghz all cores (lapped)
      CoolerCorsairH110i (lapped water block)
      MotherboardGigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3
      MemoryCorsair Vengeance RGB 3000 Mhz
      GraphicsMSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X
      Disc Drive 1Samsung 960 Pro m.2 512 GB
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3
      PSURosewill Hive 650
      CaseRosewill Cullinan
      Monitorvarious

IMG_2516.JPGIMG_2512.JPGIMG_2515.JPGIMG_2511.JPGIMG_2510.JPGIMG_2508.JPGIMG_2508.JPGIMG_2507.JPGIMG_2393.JPGIMG_2392.JPGIMG_2395.JPG